Gransnet forums

Relationships

Selfish partner

(54 Posts)
seasider Mon 20-May-19 21:02:19

This is a small issue but it really annoyed me. I don't like sausages or hot dogs but I do like Marks and Spencer Posh dogs . Not cheap though at £4 for six. DP will eat the really cheap ones and thinks M&S are a waste of money.
So I bought posh dogs for the three of us which we were going to have in buns with chips and sides . They are big and meaty so two is enough for anybody. I came home from work to find DP had eaten three so one of us misses out ! To add insult to injury I had defrosted something else for tea. Just typical of his selfish behaviour

seasider Wed 22-May-19 23:28:38

Hi Tillybelle I have discussed it with him many times but there is always an excuse. I feel bad when we go out with friends and the bill is very large because of the amount of wine he has drunk. I have to remind him to pay extra as he just thinks it is ok to split the bill . He says "well they had some" When I mentioned the hotdogs he said well you don't eat them ! He knows they are the only ones I do eat .

jeanie99 Thu 23-May-19 00:44:13

Selfish and uncaring behavior by a person who I guess if you challenge him would have a blazing row.

You can't walk about on egg shells in a relationship because you are going to be totally stressed out.
If you suspect health wise something is wrong with him he needs to be diagnosed and this site is not for this, you need to contact your GP and ask for advice.

Seventylooming Sat 15-Jun-19 18:13:49

Partner and I have to split. After 11yrs together we have no choice but to separate as he wants to live abroad and I don't. I'm widowed with 2 sons who have made it clear the don't want to have to care for me I old age.I am ok with that but feel somewhat abandoned. I try not to be demanding or selfish though.