Gransnet forums

Relationships

Lying partner, what to do

(28 Posts)
Pritt Sun 20-Sep-20 16:40:02

The other morning my partner told me he would be at a particular place, he had been gone about an hour when I called him to ask if he was still there, as I thought I would go & join him, we spoke for a good few minutes, then I said I would see him later. I got myself ready, didn’t take long & he was only ten minutes away, when I arrived clearly he had only arrived a few minutes before me, & his hands were shaking. It occurred to me straight away that when we had spoken on the phone he was somewhere else, as there was an empty slightly echo sound, in the background, like in the hallway of a building perhaps, no noise at all, but the place where I met him was really noisy, some sort of industrial noise, & traffic in the distance, a few voices..
This isn’t the first time this has happened, him telling me he is somewhere that he is not. Obviously I am worried otherwise I wouldn’t be writing about it on here, but my question is, do I say anything or just leave it?

Maggiemaybe Tue 13-Oct-20 14:07:04

I’ve reported it for you, gilly1952, and asked GNHQ to delete it, in case you haven’t.

Sparkling Thu 15-Oct-20 19:45:57

There must be a reason you don’t trust him apart from these instances. Not the basis for a happy marriage.