Gransnet forums

Relationships

Picking up energy from people

(80 Posts)
ineedamum Mon 28-Sep-20 20:01:33

Hi, twice now in a certain person's presence, I have felt as if I was going to topple over as I was so lightheaded. This person is loud, doesn't stop talking but they're not a bad person but draining. Is this a coincidence or can people have this effect?

SandraPotter Tue 29-Sep-20 21:10:50

I know someone who talks about themselves nonstop with no interest in anyone else. Being with her as part of a group for coffee/lunch has made me feel low a couple of times without being to explain why but would describe myself as an introvert so that makes it more understandable perhaps. Thank you.

honeyrose Tue 29-Sep-20 21:34:16

I too have been talked at by people who make me feel dizzy! Dizzy with the stress of listening to someone drone on and on without pausing or trying to converse - just TALKING! We once had a plumber whose nickname was the name of a well-known headache tablet. After he spent about an hour wittering on and on about something, with very emphatic dialogue and hand gestures, during which he didn’t draw breath, I had to lie down in a darkened room as he gave me a massive headache. I tend to avoid such people if I can. We have a different plumber now. I also find constantly negative people very draining and I avoid them as well. By the way, I did the personality test and i’m a Mediator. Very empathetic apparently. But obviously not to verbose plumbers. Or to very negative people.

Alishka Wed 30-Sep-20 12:44:46

FannyCornforth

Fenella Fielding! What a woman!
Carry on Screaming is by far my favourite Carry On. (No Sid James or Barbara Windsor.)
Best male voice- Roger Allam
(Swoons.)

Swooning with you, Fanny!

My Swooning Couch is fully occupied every time I listen to a re-run of Cabin Pressure. corr grin

trustgone4sure Mon 05-Oct-20 09:34:15

I have a step dil and she doesn`t know how to talk she constantly shouts and she drives me mad.
I asked her why she is so loud and her reply was "i`m not".
GRRRRRRRRRRRRR.
Out come the earplugs.