Gransnet forums

Relationships

Sulky husband.

(83 Posts)
grumppa Fri 27-Nov-20 22:09:53

Which insurance is he talking about, motor, life, sickness? If his GP or optician has advised against driving, then he should inform his motor insurer.

Hetty58 Fri 27-Nov-20 22:07:13

aly, it could well be that he's really worried about it. Perhaps he feels unable to express that. Maybe he has other concerns (like the pandemic) and is distracting himself by focusing on the glaucoma?

Of course, sulking is infantile and very annoying. Just carry on as normal and offer to help with the practical stuff, like the insurance. He won't sulk forever.

NanKate Fri 27-Nov-20 21:59:29

Put your feet up, get a good book and ignore his childish behaviour, he will soon come round.

sodapop Fri 27-Nov-20 21:52:07

I'm with Grannynannywanny leave him to his sulking and do your own thing.

MissAdventure Fri 27-Nov-20 21:36:41

I'm no good with sulkers, I'm afraid.

I suppose at least you know why he is doing it.
The worst culprits are those who won't tell you what you've done wrong.

Grannynannywanny Fri 27-Nov-20 21:33:10

I’d enjoy the peace and leave him to his sulk!

Lucretzia Fri 27-Nov-20 21:32:05

I don't think you're heartless at all. When Mr Lucretiza was diagnosed with Diabetes type 2 he was similar. Every conversation seemed to revolve around the diagnosis.

Maybe you could jump in first and tell him to get on to the insurance?

I'm sure he'll get used to it soon

Good luck!

aly Fri 27-Nov-20 21:27:19

My DH has been diagnosed with glaucoma and for the past 2 weeks he has spoken of nothing else. You will think me heartless, but when he again mentioned whether he would need to inform his insurance company, something we have discussed countless times, I rolled my eyes. He has immediately gone into a sulk and has not spoken to me all day, I did apologise but to no avail. How would you cope with this.