Gransnet forums

Relationships

That s.x word

(127 Posts)
Issipy Wed 31-Mar-21 08:37:59

I'm a 76 year old Gma, widowed for 32 years. I had a 20 year long, mainly sexless, relationship that ended 3 years ago. I don't miss the cooking, cleaning, worrying that this relationship caused, but I found I was definitely missing the occasional sex. I definitely don't want another old man to look after, so yesterday I bought myself a little 'friend's. Oh my goodness, why didn't I do this before? I always thought these little gadgets were for sad people, well if that's true I am happy to be so sad! Has anyone done this? You're the only people who know, so mum's the word. I think my daughter would have a fit if she knew.

MawBe Sat 19-Jun-21 13:36:28

I’m so glad you have found out how wonderful your ‘toy’ is. I am 71 but with a very young outlook. I was introduced to a vibrator many years ago and have used it off and on ever since
sunnysideup
Is it as good “off” as “on” ? ?

Rufus2 Sat 19-Jun-21 14:51:30

It’s ridiculous that women of our generation can’t openly
discuss sexual matters
What about Men! ? hmm

Lisagran Sat 19-Jun-21 14:52:39

I think we can openly discuss men, Rufus grin

Lisagran Sat 19-Jun-21 14:53:36

MawBe

^I’m so glad you have found out how wonderful your ‘toy’ is. I am 71 but with a very young outlook. I was introduced to a vibrator many years ago and have used it off and on ever since^
sunnysideup

Ha, ha, ha?

Rufus2 Sat 19-Jun-21 14:57:50

Someone said earlier "You can't beat the real thing", but at least with these things you can say "Not tonight , Dear; I've got a headache" without fear of starting another war! grin
OoRoo

Callistemon Sat 19-Jun-21 16:22:06

Lisagran

I think we can openly discuss men, Rufus grin

We're not allowed to discuss men on here, Lisagran, for fear of being accused of misandry.

Callistemon Sat 19-Jun-21 16:22:48

MawBe

^I’m so glad you have found out how wonderful your ‘toy’ is. I am 71 but with a very young outlook. I was introduced to a vibrator many years ago and have used it off and on ever since^
sunnysideup

???
No, it's a real turn-off!

Sunnysideup Sat 19-Jun-21 17:08:46

That’s great, MawBe, quick thinking and very ? funny!!

FarNorth Sat 19-Jun-21 17:20:33

And as for being shocked, no one on here provides name and address, or meets face to face

Some people do meet face to face, although not recently.

I don't know if they are choosing to be coy about what they post, tho.

MawBe Sat 19-Jun-21 20:41:12

As far as I can see nobody has yet told us what Edinburgh Morningside ladies have their coal delivered in…….
Aveline ?

Mattsmum2 Sat 19-Jun-21 20:52:08

At 50 ish I have a battery operated friend for when I can’t get the real thing, and to help when I do get the real thing, and I hope others can get as much pleasure as they want, one way or another.

Polly12 Sat 19-Jun-21 21:11:26

MawBe

As far as I can see nobody has yet told us what Edinburgh Morningside ladies have their coal delivered in…….
Aveline ?

Is this some oblique reference to morning wood?

MawBe Sat 19-Jun-21 21:14:00

No, to to the accents of tge residents of this genteel and desirable part of Edinburgh

Lisagran Sat 19-Jun-21 21:25:43

Oh, och aye, I see where y’are with this noo - for coal or mebbee potatoes, aye?

Craicon Sat 19-Jun-21 21:32:33

Sex toys? I have a drawer full of them. They’re great and much better than the ‘real thing’ in my opinion.

Years ago, you’d have to visit the ‘mucky books’ shop to buy anything with batteries but there are some really good websites to buy from now, a huge step-up from the tired range still sold by Ann Summers shops.

Rufus2 Sun 20-Jun-21 04:27:19

Sex toys? I have a drawer full of them. They’re great and much better than the ‘real thing’ in my opinion
Craicon I assume you're a Granny! hmm
But don't you miss the romanticism of "the real thing"?; being presented with a bunch of roses and a huge box of chocolates; before being taken out for a meal at a cosy, secluded restaurant!?

Probably wouldn't happen because of your reputation for promiscuity! grin
Do you give them all names such as Tom, Dick and Harry!.?
Watch out that you don't blurt out the wrong name!
OoRoo

Craicon Sun 20-Jun-21 08:14:25

@Rufus2
you’re obviously a man who thinks that chocolate, flowers and a meal will get her in the mood. It’s a nice gesture but doesn’t work for me.

diy is the way to go. Better, longer orgasms and you don’t have to pretend to enjoy a man fiddling around. hmm

Yes I’m a granny with two grandchildren and a young child still at home.

My DH has impotency issues since having treatment for cancer some years ago but I’d discovered the joys of toys back in my early twenties, long before I met him.

For anyone interested, www.lovehoney.co.uk is a good website to try. The packaging is discreet if anyone is worried about the postie or the neighbours. grin

FannyCornforth Sun 20-Jun-21 10:37:24

Maw and Lisa your comments have really perked up this thread.
Thank you! smile

Craicon don't encourage Rufus please. He has enough trouble remaining on the forum

Rufus2 Sun 20-Jun-21 15:40:03

Craicon don't encourage Rufus please
Craicon don't listen to her ,please! She thinks I'm a dog, always giving me a bad name! hmm
No chocolates for Fanny C. either!.
You can encourage me as much as you like; I'm a very friendly dog so I don't bite! grin

OoRoo

FannyCornforth Mon 21-Jun-21 09:48:53

Blimey Rufus, I can't believe that you told a poster that she 'had a reputation for promiscuity'.
No wonder you are in and out of this place like a fiddler's elbow!

Jaxjacky Mon 21-Jun-21 10:20:46

I’m with Craicon I’m afraid Rufus I don’t like chocolate anyway (won’t mention body chocolate!).

blondenana Mon 21-Jun-21 10:30:00

I don't see what is wrong with the ops post ,
We are in the 21st century, and are older people not supposed to enjoy sex,in whatever way they want
Prefer the real thing myself, but ;;;;

Rufus2 Mon 21-Jun-21 12:13:09

I can't believe that you told a poster that she 'had a reputation for promiscuity
Fanny C If you told us you had a drawer full of "things", we'd be entitled to assume you're promiscuous, unless you can convince us that only one is the current light of your life and the rest are "ex's" and have been dumped; in the drawer! grin
Happy now?! '.

FannyCornforth Mon 21-Jun-21 14:03:20

Hmmm (in the style of Marge Simpson)

OmaLoocie Fri 31-Dec-21 15:50:04

I keep wondering why people comment on a thread about sex - be it about sex toys, marital sexual problems, sexual experiences later in life - when the only response they feel they can give is 'TMI'?! If the discussion makes someone feel uncomfortable perhaps it's better if they don't enter into it. If it's not your thing, fine, don't comment!