Gransnet forums

Relationships

Feeling annoyed

(13 Posts)
V3ra Wed 12-May-21 19:38:41

Even before Covid my Dad would never plan ahead for holidays and we'd get the comment, "It's too far ahead, I don't know what I'll be doing then."
It used to drive my Mum up the wall as she was always keen to come and wanted to get it organised.
My husband always said, "Well if you book this trip, that's what you'll be doing. Anything else can work round it."

I agree, just book something you know you'll both enjoy and put it on the calendar. We've all missed out so much over the last year and it's time to get going again now we can.

lemsip Wed 12-May-21 19:29:14

'seething with hatred' that's a bit over the top isn't it.

JaneJudge Wed 12-May-21 17:34:28

smile enjoy your gardens xx

DillytheGardener Wed 12-May-21 17:09:42

Thank you all for commiserations and advice. Daisymae such a good idea, I did this today and one lady I spoke to told me she is getting through quite a few cancellations of people who panic booked and then changed their minds. I’ve booked a back up holiday (in the case I can’t find a place which was my first choice) in Wales which as JaneJudge guessed correctly has the added pleasure of some beautiful gardens to visit that aren’t booked out. Thank you all. Gransnetters come through again!

Alexa Wed 12-May-21 09:11:51

Sorry you are disappointed Dilly. Maybe your husband has learned from this experience to be a better planner.

Marydoll Wed 12-May-21 08:34:11

Sorry, I agree that you should have booked anyway, Dilly and cancelled later if necessary. Not really what you want to hear!
We booked a few breaks months ago, knowing how difficult it would be to book now, in the hope that we would be out of lockdown and my health is ok.

Hopefully you will get something sorted.

Daisymae Wed 12-May-21 07:51:08

Get in touch with the agencies and ask they put you on a cancellation list. It's probably your best bet. Alternatively see what's available now and take a chance on the weather. Book an autumn break so you have something to look forward to. Don't waste your time seething, onwards and upwards!

Kim19 Wed 12-May-21 07:27:45

I'm with K. I would have gone ahead and booked it regardless of him (and hoped that he might be available when the time came). A learning curve here perhaps?

Nonogran Wed 12-May-21 07:27:14

I'm with "Keepingquiet" at 23:05 who suggested you should have booked and gone alone. I bet faced with a faitacompli he would have joined you!
You'll know better next time! Meanwhile, I do hope you find a vacancy for your break. I'd be seething too.

JaneJudge Wed 12-May-21 07:21:22

is it something to do with gardens? (hence your name) there are a lot of gardens you don't have to book but I don't know where you are

Katyj Wed 12-May-21 07:15:13

So sorry Dilly. I would have been fuming too ? keep in looking, something will turn up.
We’re hoping to book a holiday in Cornwall for June, it’s proving very time consuming, Dh assures me he’s looking too but every time I look over his shoulder his looking at the sports pages ?

keepingquiet Tue 11-May-21 23:05:08

You should have booked it and gone without him.

DillytheGardener Tue 11-May-21 22:27:46

I’m so annoyed with DH. I wanted to book something to visit a beauty spot in the south some time ago (months) and DH said he didn’t want to until he knew what he would be doing then, (he’s retired). At the time I said better to have something in booked even if things aren’t open so we will be front of the hosts ‘queue’. Anyway he finally said yes to it today and surprise surprise everything left is dingy, dismal and expensive. Seething with hatred. And yes I know first world problems but I had an immediate family member die during one of the lockdowns and my GC I haven’t met yet in NZ and I really, really needed a break to lift my spirits. Sitting with a glass of gin in hand seething and simmering.