Gransnet forums

Relationships

HELP! Online dating advice required

(32 Posts)
MaxieF Sat 26-Jun-21 18:35:09

Hello

I am looking for online dating advice if you may.

I met a man from Plenty of fish 1 month ago and have been on 5 dates with him.

I was away with some girlfriends at a cottage last week and texted him one evening and asked "how do you think this is going"...

He said it is still early days but thinks we get along, I am good company, we both have a laugh and that he thinks I look good. He then asked what I thought and I said pretty much the same thing.

He was really keen to meet up straight away when I was back home so we did the day after I got home (this was date 4 - no, we did not sleep together).

I've known from date 1, that he has accepted quite a senior job at an organistion in Wales and he plans to work there Mon - Fri and return home at weekends. This week he had to go down for a few days and move into his new place and meet his new team. He offically starts on Tuesday so is moving down there tomorrow night.

After date 4, the communication went a little bit quiet, we normally text all day, everyday. I called him out on this and said if he didnt want to talk anymore, all he had to do was say... he then replied saying he has been busy going to the Drs (re health concern I know about), has been tierd from his 2nd covid vaccine and moving all his stuff to Wales.

So we have been texting a little and last night I decided to phone him. He asked what my weekend plans were and then said he isnt available this weekend to do anything due to the move but asked if I wanted to meet for breakfast when I mentioned I was meeting my friend this afternoon.

We met for breakfast and afterwards he gave me a tiny peck which was a bit strange but perhaps he didnt want his neighbours seeing as I was parked outside his house.

He is still active on plenty of fish but so am I.

Also, to be clear, I always wait for him to initiate conversation and to make plans...

So what do you think? Is he still interested?

Has he just genuinely been very busy with moving/health/vaccine? to be clear, I saw him on Sunday and then this morning (Saturday)

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

M

Polarbear2 Mon 28-Jun-21 11:45:14

Relax. Chill. You’re being too intense. If he’s interested he’ll be back once his busyness is done. If he isn’t at least you haven’t embarrassed yourself. Best film I ever watched re this stuff is “he’s just not that into you”. Lightbulb moment for me. I was a chaser. Not now. What’s for you won’t go by you and all that ?❤️

virginia1952 Sat 07-Aug-21 20:25:17

Hi, can anyone recommend any genuine dating sites, seems very complicated to find a recommended one. Thank you

Skydancer Sat 07-Aug-21 20:30:52

I would like to add that generally men can only think about one thing at a time. An old cliche I know but I find it to be true. You'll probably come into his head when he's dealt with everything else.

TrendyNannie6 Sat 07-Aug-21 20:35:44

My friend met a man on POf thought he was the love of her life for 5 years but sadly just after that he just walked out, they got married after two years, you win some you lose some she said

TrendyNannie6 Sat 07-Aug-21 20:40:23

I think he’s got a lot on his plate at the moment, it doesn’t mean that he’s not interested but if it was me I’d be giving him a bit of breathing space I think you are being a bit full on relax op don’t overthink

Knittingnovice Sun 08-Aug-21 13:58:03

How is the dating going? You haven't posted since June so I hope you're Ok