Gransnet forums

Relationships

Chronic fatigue

(53 Posts)
Sunflower2 Sun 27-Mar-22 20:04:41

Hi,
Is anyone in a relationship with someone who suffers from Chronic fatigue (Myalgic encephalitis)? I’m asking because I’m confused by how my husbands symptoms appear at times, and feeling very down at the things he can’t do, but also what he can do. He is not so bad that he is confined to bed for long periods, fortunately, but he seems to be affected in how much he can do, and the types of things he can do. Exercise, for example, he doesn’t seem to have a problem with. Just wondering if anyone else lives with someone who has Chronic fatigue symptoms and how it affects them.
Many thanks.

nadateturbe Wed 02-Nov-22 11:40:04

I got a book out of the library on Brain Fog but have had too much brain fog to read it properly!

I paid about £12 for a course that is recommended to help M.E. It's an A4 ring binder, at least an inch thick, quite a few chapters and exercises. Got exhausted just thinking about it.

nadateturbe Wed 02-Nov-22 12:34:00

Sunflower mine affects my ability to think and organise thoughts. I used to love debates, but I am very limited now and can even feel nauseous. (which is why I post so little on GN.)
Pacing is really important. Will get back later.