Gransnet forums

Relationships

Whose right here

(77 Posts)
Serendipity22 Thu 31-Mar-22 17:41:35

I cant see a problem in the fact you have made some sort of arrangements to get rid of it, personally i would be of the same mindset as yourself ( as long as its shifted, what does it matter HOW!)

BUT i am wondering why your DH feels the need to say what he said? Like there is more than this issue.

We all fall out about things that are absolutely not worth wasting breath on BUT its usually a build up of strong issues.

Sallywally1 Thu 31-Mar-22 17:34:51

Other half recently cleared up the garden quite a lot (back in early February). It is all piled up at the bottom of the garden still, and would be around 10 garden sacks worth. I also have three black bags with some old rugs in them. I asked when he said he would take it all to the dump (he is retired and drives, I work two days a week). He said ‘soon’. My adult son came round today and asked when the carpets are going. I said I might pay the council at which point he said he would take it all and I could pay him instead. I agreed to this. I just want it out of the way.

When son left DH asked me if I hadn’t been a little undermining to him. I said DS had offered! DH has form for saying this sort of thing to me. He doesn’t want to take the rubbish, so I made different arrangements. When he says things like this I actually feel quite sick. I also find it embarrassing to have a load of rubbish in the sight of my, very nice, neighbours.