Gransnet forums

Relationships

Pregnant daughters request.

(35 Posts)
M0ira Fri 08-Apr-22 12:03:51

Hello lovely grans netters. My daughter lives in another country and I visit as often as I can. She has asked me to paint a mural onto the new babies bedroom wall. I have done a preliminary water colour painting with bunnies, butterflies and bees, trees and wild flowers.
I have one week to do this. Her and her husband are saying that they like some things, but, can the tree be painted a grey colour along with the bunnies. The wild flowers are to be pastel colours etc.
Has anyone else done a mural and could give me some good tips?

M0ira Sat 09-Apr-22 11:44:17

Thank you all?. I feel very flattered that you think the painting is nice. Today I have been practicing painting bunnies.

Loretta1 Sat 09-Apr-22 11:47:11

Beautiful

Kate1949 Sat 09-Apr-22 11:57:01

Goodness. How beautiful. How clever.

wildswan16 Sat 09-Apr-22 12:34:07

What you have suggested is lovely and I would be delighted to have that on a wall.

I did wonder if a few more furry creatures low down (peeking from behind the trees etc) might be fun for the baby as she grows into a toddler?

p.s. later on you could add a Gruffalo!!

Chewbacca Sat 09-Apr-22 12:38:25

M0ira if your heart is set on doing the mural in your original colours, I have the perfect wall for you to practice on! I'd be delighted to have that to look at every day. smile

M0ira Sat 09-Apr-22 15:06:35

Once again, thank you for the comments. I like the idea of having a bunny/creature peeking out from behind a tree?.
As this is the first wall mural I have ever done let’s wait and see what the results look like?
Would be delighted,Chewbacca, to do the original on your wall?.

grandtanteJE65 Sat 09-Apr-22 15:14:30

Just paint the tree trunks and branches grey as they asked.

They are the ones who are going to be looking at it, after all.

I much prefer your original, but that is neither here nor there.

You sent them a draft and asked their opinion, so you can't really refuse to make the alterations they would like, can you?

And if you do, you risk offending your daugther and that could spoil your chances of having a good relationship with your grandchild.

spottybook Sat 09-Apr-22 15:18:01

That looks stunning

M0ira Sat 09-Apr-22 15:55:58

Oh I will be doing the mural as per their wishes. Pastel colours etc.
It is their house after all. If they don’t like it I can paint the wall back to white. All the paints are Matt and I will mix white in to soften the colours.