Gransnet forums

Relationships

Suggestion how to deal with unprovoked abuse

(36 Posts)
Hithere Wed 11-Jan-23 23:40:34

Call the police, make a report, get a lawyer and leave

Wyllow3 Wed 11-Jan-23 23:39:10

Ring (in NHS guidance)

"women can call The Freephone National Domestic Abuse Helpline, run by Refuge on 0808 2000 247 for free at any time, day or night. The staff will offer confidential, non-judgemental information and support"

You need to decide what to do and factor in what others have mentioned, is it the first time, is he ill with MH or dementia as to how to move forward. Has he been coercively abusive tho not physically violent and controlling for a long time or is this pretty new.

BlueberryPie Wed 11-Jan-23 23:19:39

Call the police.

Nanagem Wed 11-Jan-23 23:05:12

Please get help, no one ever has the right to hit you. If as others have said, he maybe I’ll, then it could happen again. Keep yourself save tonight and make some calls first thing

Redhead56 Wed 11-Jan-23 22:54:37

It isn’t acceptable at any age or stage of life realistically the next punch could kill you. Dementia or another reason such as stroke is no excuse for violence do not put up with it.
Please seek help and advice as soon as you can and get back and tell us how you get on💐

Smileless2012 Wed 11-Jan-23 22:20:16

I hope there's somewhere you can go and stay Shortbread for your safety until you can fund out what's going on.

He could as Maw has posted be ill or have the onset of dementia. Dementia can make the most placid have violent outbursts, but your priority must be your personal safetyflowers.

MawtheMerrier Wed 11-Jan-23 22:08:42

Do you have family or a good friend you could stay with while you talk to someone about this?
Has he ever shown signs of violence?
Could it be the onset of dementia or a UTI ?
Please get help, but first of all, keep yourself safe.

SueDonim Wed 11-Jan-23 22:07:40

Communicate via a solicitor, I’d say.

mumofmadboys Wed 11-Jan-23 22:07:39

Sorry to hear this Shortbread. Has he hit you before? Is he unwell in any way? I hope you have some suppport. Don't do anything hastily. Take care.

Shinamae Wed 11-Jan-23 22:03:11

Leave..

Shortbread Wed 11-Jan-23 21:58:36

I am 72 and after 50 years with ups and downs OT rages inexplicably and today punched me and told me to get out of the car., because I failed to exit the parking space the way he would have done. I have made my own way home -25 miles- bus and train and am at loss how to communicate with him.