Gransnet forums

Religion/spirituality

Could you possibly............ .....

(108 Posts)
j08 Sat 30-Mar-13 09:31:22

be kind enough to tell me if you believe in the power of prayer. I know this is a very personal field, but it would be lovely if you could just post Yes or No. People who have never posted anything before are doubly welcome. smile

Nobody would come back to bite you whichever way you posted. They won't dare. (my bite can be worse than any others)

I guess, being Easter this is primarily aimed at Christians, but any God is fine with me. smile

Happy Easter to you, whether you believe or not. x

Grannybug Wed 03-Apr-13 10:48:50

In what at times can seem a harsh and uncaring world any thoughtful act of kindness is appreciated. When a family member was undergoing complex surgery I was touched by a colleagues response which was 'I am going to a prayer group when I finish today and will pray for your loved one' . The surgery was successful and I will always be grateful that another person recognised that it was a difficult time a gave what they could.

speck123 Wed 03-Apr-13 14:34:30

Yes!

j08 Wed 03-Apr-13 18:51:25

Yes. I can guess very accurately what some posters will be saying. smile

Greatnan Wed 03-Apr-13 18:55:00

Jingle - I think people are capable of revising their views in the light of new ideas, so it is not always wise to assume you know how they will respond.

gordony Wed 03-Apr-13 23:18:02

No

hummingbird Wed 03-Apr-13 23:46:55

No, not really, although it is something I instinctively do at times. Weird, I know!

annodomini Wed 03-Apr-13 23:47:35

Then you won't be surprised to hear that it's a 'no' from me as well. J08, have you answered your own question?