Gransnet forums

Religion/spirituality

The Hand of God

(16 Posts)
obieone Tue 19-Jan-16 11:06:29

I had a sort of similar thing happen a few years ago.
I was in a very tight multi storey car park space next to one of the columns, with a car next to me which had all but jammed me in since I had parked.

I could not get myself out no matter which way I tried. I was on the verge of abandoning the car, when the steering handle moved this way and that multiple times, with me not really having any input apart from loosely holding it. After about 11 such movements, I got out.

Not exactly the most urgent of situations in life, but memorable none the less.

BlackeyedSusan Tue 19-Jan-16 10:56:31

oh. thought this may be about hand balls scoring goals in football..

<backs out of thread slowly>

blush

jinglbellsfrocks Mon 11-Jan-16 18:09:15

TriciaF Can't think of anything. Just bumbling along following my usual blameless existence. [halo]

jinglbellsfrocks Mon 11-Jan-16 18:07:47

Elegran! shock Nightmare scenario!!! grin

No. Nowhere near the river.

Thanks fffin.

TriciaF Mon 11-Jan-16 17:35:56

Miracles can happen Jings - maybe you had just done something very good/kind recently?

Elegran Mon 11-Jan-16 11:07:34

Sorry about calling you an old lady - change that to damsel.

Elegran Mon 11-Jan-16 11:06:46

Glad you got out of it, jings When I read this, I found myself trying to think of ways you could have escaped. Could you have sort of scootered along without pedalling until you reached civilisation and found assistance? But I bet the young men would have been helpful to an old lady in distress and only laughed once they were well away.

I also wondered whether the shock made you go a bit dizzy - good job you didn't fall into the river with the bike firmly attached.

ffinnochio Mon 11-Jan-16 11:02:47

Sorry to hear you had a bumpety ride J , but glad you're ok. sunshine .

Anniebach Mon 11-Jan-16 11:00:23

Not so sure, the thought of two young men coming to one's assistance grin

jinglbellsfrocks Mon 11-Jan-16 10:59:09

Don't mock, you lot! shock

jinglbellsfrocks Mon 11-Jan-16 10:58:20

Two young men came along the path shortly afterwards, and when I think what the next bit of the scenario would have been - asking them to unhook my coat for me - I am even more grateful! smile

Luckygirl Mon 11-Jan-16 10:57:43

Personally I think he is sitting on his hands!

Alima Mon 11-Jan-16 10:56:26

Your Maradona moment?

Anniebach Mon 11-Jan-16 10:34:30

It happens Jingle, glad you didn't have an accident

jinglbellsfrocks Mon 11-Jan-16 10:31:20

Mysterious ways, or what? shock

jinglbellsfrocks Mon 11-Jan-16 10:26:24

This is completely true.

On Friday I was happily pedalling my bicycle along the river path, on my way into town, when I realised that the bottom of my coat was over the back of the saddle, rather than under me. Realising that this could make dismounting in my usual manner a bit dodgy, I stopped the bike and planted my feet on either side to take time to think about this. I then found something I had not known before. There is exactly enough space under the bottom of my coat for me and a bicycle saddle. Without a centimetre to spare. Making it impossible to even zip my coat to free myself. I was completely trapped. Helpless.

I stood there a while, fighting back panic, and repeating to myself, "you will get out of this. You will", when, suddenly, quite out of the blue (I think literally) I found myself swaying sideways. The next think I knew I was sprawled sideways on the soft muddy grass with my bike quite freed from me! With no effort on my part at all!

After a moment of silent thankfulness, mostly for the fact that no onlookers had happened along, I continued my journey, successfully into town suffering only a slight shakiness and sore hip bone. smile

Hallelujah, and all things related. sunshine