Gransnet forums

Religion/spirituality

Let us pray

(89 Posts)
Anniebach Fri 16-Jun-17 19:17:48

Father God, our world seems in turmoil, sorrow, grief, anger, bitterness, hatred , shock, injury both physical and mental , innocents have died, many are suffering the dark night of the soul.

We pray for all who are suffering , for the firefighters who have to face scenes we cannot and do not want to imagine, hospital staff who are nursing and comforting the injured. For those who may have to be held responsible for this tragedy . For ourselves who are witnessing this suffering.

We ask in the name of your son, our Lord for healing for all who suffer and may they know the peace which passeth all understanding.

Amen

Purpledaffodil Tue 20-Jun-17 07:14:52

Amen to that. Thank you so much Anniebach

Slpotts53 Tue 20-Jun-17 09:06:02

Amen.

Solitaire Tue 20-Jun-17 15:43:12

I'm with granny1sland I find it hard to believe that a God would sit by and let these atrocities happen. Then answer all of the thousands of people praying to him/her and change things in what way? These atrocities and dreadful incidents can't be reversed.
If we can't alter peoples behaviour and can't offer personal comfort to those affected, what will praying achieve ? Is there anyone there listening and responding?

Anniebach Tue 20-Jun-17 15:52:47

This is for people to come together in prayer, I am sure if you chose to start a thread to discuss your views there will be responses , thank you

norose4 Tue 20-Jun-17 16:00:07

Other people are out there listening & responding to each other Solitaire , so I hope that gives you & all of us some comfort in knowing that the majority of people in this country are kind , good, caring souls even if some of us can't or don't take comfort in God

Solitaire Tue 20-Jun-17 16:10:22

anniebach you also write on another thread 'Why the need for public display of emotions? ' Maybe those people find comfort in joining others in public displays just as others find in prayer.
I would not be involved in either, preferring to help where and when I can in the background.

JoyBloggs Tue 20-Jun-17 20:16:54

Only just seen this thread... thank you Annie. I join with the many, 'Amen'

Aslemma Wed 21-Jun-17 12:07:03

Amen Annie. That is a lovely prayer and I know many Moslems are praying in a similar vein.

Crafting Wed 21-Jun-17 12:59:30

annie thank you for giving us this simple way of being together. This is a thread of prayer and hope let it be a thread of peace and not conflict please.

Anniebach Wed 21-Jun-17 14:12:30

?

Smileless2012 Thu 22-Jun-17 12:55:59

That's beautiful Annieflowers 'Where 2 or more are gathered in my name I will be there in the midst of them'.

Anniebach Thu 22-Jun-17 14:06:50

Yes Smileless, so give us a smile X

Smileless2012 Thu 22-Jun-17 14:41:53

smile X