Gransnet forums

Religion/spirituality

Holy Week

(90 Posts)
Anniebach Fri 23-Mar-18 09:18:47

Next week is Holy Week and this year I am not able to share
The Words From The Cross with others.

If I post one every day starting tomorrow I hope someone here will read and so share with me

Anniebach Fri 30-Mar-18 21:03:49

Thank you fourormore for joining us and for sharing x

fourormore Sat 31-Mar-18 17:14:45

Standing up for our faith is probably the hardest thing for us to do but we must remember God made us and is aware of our humanity and weaknesses. Little actions of love can be seen as us doing the Lord's work and I cannot say how thrilled I am that this thread and Anniebach's Words from the Cross thread have been so warmly received.

My final two Stations:

13th Station: Jesus is taken down from the cross

When someone dies we seem to remember all the good things about them that we hadn't acknowledged while
they were alive.
Lord help me to tell those around me how much I love them, while I still have the opportunity to do so.
Help me live each day as if it were my last, to become a more gentle and loving person through my greater appreciation for those around me.

14th Station: Jesus is placed in the tomb

Joseph of Arimathea, risked his own life by showing how much he loved you by taking your body for burial.
Help me imitate Joseph's love for you by not being afraid to stand up for my faith.

I initially joined GN many years ago and was deeply saddened to see so many 'anti' posters 'having a go' when religion was mentioned in posts. I fully respect everyone has the choice to believe or otherwise but I was very hurt at times when ridiculed when I dared to post.
I admit that sadly I stopped posting or even reading the threads for some considerable time sad
Thankfully nowadays posters are more accepting which is great.
Happy Easter everyone!!! flowers flowers flowers and of course 'chocolate'!!!

Anniebach Sat 31-Mar-18 17:33:39

I am sorry you felt the need to stay away , I do understand your sadness x

Greenfinch Sat 31-Mar-18 18:52:16

Thank you for your contribution todayfourormore I found your final sentence of the 13th station very poignant.
It really spoke to me.

mumofmadboys Sat 31-Mar-18 22:12:40

Fourormore did you have a different user name a few years ago? Hope you don't mind me asking.

Anniepops Sat 31-Mar-18 23:20:26

Happy Easter Fourormore. Xxx

Jangran99 Sun 01-Apr-18 00:39:03

Just home from the Easter Vigil,how re-affirming it is!
I remembered all of you in my prayers.Happy Easter!

mumofmadboys Sun 01-Apr-18 06:29:49

He is risen!! Happy Easter to all! May we all know the peace of Christ.xx

travelsafar Sun 01-Apr-18 08:03:18

Happy Easter to everyone especially those who started this post.

Marydoll Sun 01-Apr-18 08:04:39

Happy Easter everyone and thank you to all who have contributed to this thread. It was indeed uplifting.

annsixty Sun 01-Apr-18 08:38:46

Happy Easter to all who shared this journey.
I have enjoyed the experience so much and been enriched by it.

kittylester Sun 01-Apr-18 08:46:03

Happy Easter to you all and thank you for this thread. I have felt sad this week and happier today - not sure why.

Anniebach Sun 01-Apr-18 08:47:28

" neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation will be able to seperate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus Our Lord."

I wish you all, the blessings of the Risen Christ x

fourormore Tue 03-Apr-18 17:26:54

Apologies for my absence over the past few days - school holidays means more childcare which we admit we love!
In response to mumofmadboys I did leave GN for a while and rejoined but that was due to a multitude of reasons.
I really enjoyed anniebach's 'words' thread and contributing to this one. Thanks to all for the lovely coments.
A belated Happy Easter to everyone!