Gransnet forums

Religion/spirituality

prayers please

(85 Posts)
wondergran Mon 02-Apr-18 23:50:08

Won't go in to too much detail but myself and my very vulnerable family are going to be evicted from the home we have rented for years in a couple of months time. We have been good tenants but landlord just wants property back now. We live in London, house prices are ridiculous. We are basically all being forced into separate, unsuitable accommodation. Please pray for us, that a miracle may very soon happen for us so that we can find a cheaper, suitable home especially for my young grandchild. Thank you.

Mapleleaf Thu 24-May-18 10:59:13

Iā€™m sorry to hear of your misfortune, Wondergran. I do hope things are starting to improve for you.
There has been some good advice offered to you on this thread as well as prayers. I hope both are proving helpful and supportive for you. Take care.

humptydumpty Mon 07-May-18 21:15:19

This is the big problem with renting, lack of security. My situation was different from yours in that the landlord decided to hand over the management to a company - cue end-of-tenancy notices for all 3 flats in the building (all tenants of many years standing), property 'refurbished' and rents increased by 50% making it unaffordable for any of us to re-rent.

Synonymous Mon 07-May-18 20:33:40

Wondergran have you applied to the council for housing since you would be classed as a vulnerable family?

Our prayers are with you and your family. flowers

silverdarlings Sun 06-May-18 22:22:10

Still praying for you and yours in the waiting time Wondergran +

Doodle Wed 02-May-18 21:13:07

Continuing with prayers and hope you find a solution soon

Cherrytree59 Wed 02-May-18 16:52:25

Praying and hoping the tide will soon turn in your favour Wonergranshamrock

Jalima1108 Wed 02-May-18 16:16:35

I hope that better things are awaiting you very soon.

Smileless2012 Wed 02-May-18 08:14:42

You and your family are in my prayers too.

God bless x

willa45 Fri 27-Apr-18 01:45:22

Wondergran .... So sorry you are still going through hard times. I will continue to pray for you and your family. Whatever you do, don't give up hope and don't stop trying. Best Willa

wondergran Thu 26-Apr-18 21:03:53

Thank you to everyone who offered kind words, support and prayers. Things remain very difficult for my family. Dear grandson''s mental health is deteriorating daily and his behaviour is dire due to him feeling so insecure. We are having to rehome our beloved cat as we won't find accommodation which will allow pets. I have been slowly introducing her to her new home but she hates the cat that already lives there and I have never seen her so unhappy. We went after an affordable flat, spent a fortune on fees only to find out today that we didn't get it. So life feels pretty awful right now. Your continued prayers and support would be very much appreciated.

Treebee Wed 04-Apr-18 19:45:40

Holding you and your family in the light Wondergran.

Stellarmaris Wed 04-Apr-18 18:37:22

Adding my prayers and will light a candle for you at church group tonight xxx

farview Wed 04-Apr-18 16:40:08

Prayer said and wishing you and your family peace of mind ???

Jalima1108 Wed 04-Apr-18 14:20:58

Strangely enough, I do believe in the power of prayer although I am not that religious, because I am sure it worked for me many years ago.

So I will pray or at least think of you and hope that you get better news about re-housing very soon.
In the meantime, as others suggest, go to CAB, the LA, whoever can help. Can you ask your landlord to give you a letter of recommendation too, saying that you have been good tenants but other circumstances are forcing him into evicting you.

Luckygirl Wed 04-Apr-18 14:11:22

I am sending you kind thoughts, and endorse the advice to go to local housing, Shelter and to CAB. Good luck.

nanaK54 Wed 04-Apr-18 13:57:01

Have prayed for you and your family wondergran

auntbett Wed 04-Apr-18 13:54:00

I've sent more than one up - marked urgent!

FarawayGran Wed 04-Apr-18 13:52:24

A very good friend suggested a prayer when I needed help.
It is very simple, and the result was absolutely miraculous.
Just say 'Jesus, I put my trust in You'

barb666 Wed 04-Apr-18 13:31:17

I am so sorry for you all and can't begin to imagine what torment you are going through just now. I hope you manage to get some help from CAB or local charities as others have suggested, and succeed in finding somewhere for you all to live as a family once more. My thoughts are with you, please do let us all know how you get on. Take care xx

willa45 Wed 04-Apr-18 00:42:42

Wondergran,

There is something to be said about strength in numbers and for that reason, I am a big believer in the power of collective prayer.

The probability is high therefore, that everything will turn out OK because so many of us here will be praying hard for you tonight!

Do let us know what happens.....Good luck and God bless!

megbelle Wed 04-Apr-18 00:04:53

Praying for you and your family

Greenfinch Tue 03-Apr-18 22:46:18

Praying for you wondergran. Never give up hope.

Doodle Tue 03-Apr-18 22:30:13

Adding my prayers too. Hope you and your family find a suitable home together.

GrannyLondon Tue 03-Apr-18 22:05:52

A neighbour of mine found Shelter was helpful.
I am praying that all will be well for you too.

lemongrove Tue 03-Apr-18 21:38:12

wondergran am hoping for a good outcome for you and your family, a prayer is never wasted.