Gransnet forums

Religion/spirituality

Prayers for autistic and troubled children

(14 Posts)
Doodle Sun 16-Sep-18 20:57:41

Many of you kindly included my DGS in your prayers and thoughts for his return to school following a spate of bullying. It is early days so far but things have improved. I just wanted to say thank you and to say I will continue to pray for all those whose GC were going through a similar experience.

Anniebach Sun 16-Sep-18 21:01:14

I will keep him in my prayers Doodle. Thank you for letting us know,i have wanted to ask but decide not to ask, just keep praying for him x

Doodle Sun 16-Sep-18 21:09:18

annie you have been so kind. DGS is in a much better place at the moment I hope this continues. His attackers have backed off for now.

Anniebach Sun 16-Sep-18 21:11:42

That Is good news Doodle x

lemongrove Sun 16-Sep-18 22:43:27

All schools should come down hard on these bullies of autistic children, once you let the school know of it, there should be action.
Hope things continue well Doodle my DGS is lucky to be at a special school, loves it, and experiences none of this, but children trying to cope at ‘normal’ schools sometimes do, I really feel for them.

Jalima1108 Sun 16-Sep-18 23:11:06

I hope everything continues to improve for him Doodle. It must be very difficult; DGS endured some very nasty bullying, although he is not autistic. for some reason an older boy thought he would be a good target. All sorted now we hope, with the help of the school.

Day6 Mon 17-Sep-18 10:34:51

Doodle I expect your DGS had to be very brave to return to school. How you must be worrying. I sincerely hope it doesn't happen again and school staff are there to support him. Bullying in any form is disgusting and I hope he gets all the advice, care and protection he needs. For you Doodle. flowers

Doodle Mon 17-Sep-18 15:02:18

Glad to hear about your GS Jalima. Autistic children are often bullied but so are many others. Those who are for some reason identified as being an easy target or different. All it takes is for one to start and then the others follow on. I was deeply moved by the response to my original thread and it became apparent that there are many children who are suffering because the schools sometimes turn a blind eye or exclude the victim rather than tackle the bullies.
I thank all those who prayed for my DGS and I will continue to pray for any of yours mentioned on this thread and for all children being bullied whatever the reason.

Doodle Mon 17-Sep-18 15:06:56

Thank you Day6. He is a brave boy, more courage than I would have but he is blessed with a mum and dad who fight tooth and nail for him to have an education and a life and a family who love him to bits.

Greenfinch Tue 18-Sep-18 13:55:53

I would like to thank everyone who prayed for my autistic grandson as he started at secondary school. I am pleased to say that everything seems to be going well at present and my daughter has just received an email from his TA saying how well he has made the transition.He is lucky enough to go to a school that has an autistic unit and so he is well supported.He does all the mainstream lessons apart from French and RS and in place of them he has extra social skills lessons in the unit.

Obviously this is the honeymoon period and there will no doubt be problems ahead.My main fear of course is the bullying but the worst he has encountered so far is someone saying "hello four year old" which seems to be a comment on his size rather than his autism.He actually thought it was quite funny.

I shall continue to pray for the youngsters mentioned on GN and for any others finding school difficult at the moment.

Doodle Tue 18-Sep-18 14:16:40

greenfinch that is good news. My cousin (who was quite small) always used to say "they don't make diamonds the size of bricks". Which I thought was a good response.

Hopefully, he will find support with the others in the unit and out. Having a sense of humour helps too. I will continue to pray for him along with all the others. Thank you for letting us know how he is getting on. ?

OldMeg Tue 18-Sep-18 14:23:49

Doodle I hope your DGS’s return to school went well.

Doodle Tue 18-Sep-18 14:33:19

So far so good oldmeg. Thank you. Still got fingers crossed though ?

Greenfinch Wed 19-Sep-18 10:32:57

Doodle I do so echo your thoughts above about support and love. My daughter and her husband have to fight every inch of the way even though it is not in her nature to do so and we would go to the ends of the earth too. I hope things are still going well with your grandson but I know what you mean about keeping your fingers crossed.