Gransnet forums

Religion/spirituality

Tarot reading has worried me

(150 Posts)
ineedamum Wed 29-Jan-20 20:11:14

I have used this tarot reader several times over a few years and he has generally been accurate- specific dates and predictions have been correct eg redundancy,

This time he has predicted I may lose my job this May, a bullying manager is involved and a blonde woman helps him. This is because he got the fallen tower, 10 of swords and five of pentacles cards. The manager will say I'm underperforming etc

I have googled these cards and they aren't good- meant to be the worst in the whole lot.

I do have a bullying manager, the HR person is a blonde woman and I'm still on probation. It is also a step up and whilst I'm capable, I need training and he isn't supportive.

I don't want to lose a job after 6 months when it is a step up.

How can I stop worrying?

Whethertomorrow Wed 20-Mar-24 00:21:42

This is FOUR years old.

AlexanderSS Wed 20-Mar-24 00:09:43

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk guidelines.

Christophers Sat 20-Jan-24 19:01:20

BlueBelle Mon 15-Jan-24 22:27:55

🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️and so it goes on

flappergirl Mon 15-Jan-24 21:53:15

I went to a clairvoyant some years ago, someone with a good reputation in my city.

She told me someone close to me would go to live and work in Germany, although at the time this was utterly mystifying and bore no relation to anything or anyone in my life.

She said I would attend an incredibly posh and official event with guards of honour/soldiers in red uniforms at a big house with a lake in the grounds.

She told me I would be a witness to something and have to go to Court.

She also told me that I would win some money in the next few days.

Now, if you knew me and my life the odds on me being invited to a posh event with guards of honour are even less than winning the lottery.

However, 2 months after my reading I was invited to the Royal Garden Party where there was a guard of honour dressed in red and of course a lake in the grounds.

My nephew, who is autistic and had lived a rather reclusive life, went to live and work in Germany out of the blue which was a jaw dropping event. He/we have no connections to Germany and he didn't even speak the language.

I was a witness to something and I did go to Court and within a week I won £500 on the Premium Bonds. I never, ever win anything.

Although her predictions were largely pleasant I will avoid Clairvoyants from now on as the sheer accuracy frightened me.

BlueBelle Mon 15-Jan-24 15:20:18

4 years old and still people take it seriously she either sacked or head of department by now 🤣🤣🤣

Urmstongran Mon 15-Jan-24 14:53:18

Another thread from years ago!

Purplepixie Mon 15-Jan-24 14:46:55

It’s a load of tripe!

Record everything that your boss and others do. Time, dates and everything that is said. If possible try and make sure that others are around and they will back you if anything happens.

But please do not run your life by tarot cards. My daughter used to do this and has since got wise. Please do the same. Sending you hugs.

Juliet27 Mon 15-Jan-24 14:46:25

Reported

Manuel Mon 15-Jan-24 14:39:05

Fairycakes Thu 04-Jan-24 09:19:26

Forget fortune tellers. We are not meant to know the future. We are meant to live in the present and deal with things as best we can, when they arrive. You can overcome future challenges without the 'help' of tarot readers etc. You don't need to rely on these things. In my experience the lives of the people I know who stopped visiting fortune tellers and using their own tarot cards, improved and their self esteem grew as they met challenges head on. Good luck with your job and try not to worry about your boss. I too had a difficult boss once. He was a towering bully. I took an assertive training class and felt stronger after that. His bullying didn't cease but it didn't scare me as much 💪😊

BlueBelle Tue 21-Nov-23 06:41:29

…..and another resurrection !!!!

nanna8 Tue 21-Nov-23 06:17:03

Don’t pay these charlatans anything. Rather buy a lottery ticket than pay them and I’m not keen on that,either.This is a very old thread, time it disappeared in a puff of smoke!

Elegran Tue 21-Nov-23 06:00:18

Reported again, and I will repeat myself - don't get a Tarot reading, then you won't be worried by what the "reader" tells you. Keep away and use your own built-in common sense to consider where your life is heading. There are a lot of charlatons around.

RosiesMaw Tue 21-Nov-23 05:27:51

Reported

Brendalogan1 Tue 21-Nov-23 05:19:40

Caleo Sun 05-Feb-23 20:33:36

A skilled interpreter of Tarot tells you what trends affect you. The skilled reader does not predict.

Callistemon21 Sun 05-Feb-23 20:09:40

Maggiemaybe

I don’t know about fortune-telling, but this thread has been resuscitated so many times I’m starting to believe in reincarnation. smile

😂😂😂

Fleurpepper Sun 05-Feb-23 20:01:28

Very dangerous nonsense. I would never ever turn to Tarot reading or fortune-tellers- who pray on the vulnerable.

Fernbergien Sun 05-Feb-23 19:59:00

Remember that whatever you are told or advised you have always got Freewill.
Get ahead it the game and go to HR and say you need training. Write down what is said. Dated and keep it safe.
Good Luck.

Elegran Sun 22-Jan-23 10:28:44

Elegran

Elegran

This thread was started a year ago. Seeing it resuscitated, my immediate thought was exactly the same as my reaction to the title then, "Well, stop reading it then!"

The post I quote was posted Mon 18-Jan-21 11:28:04. More than a year later my reaction is a repeat of a year ago, which itself was a repeat of my immediate thought when the thread was started.
A Tarot reading has worried you? Ignore it, and don't ever get another one! They are meant to worry you, so that you come back to check whether the danger predicted has gone away!!

My fourth iteration. Ignore it, and keep away from fortune-tellers in the future.

Callistemon21 Sun 22-Jan-23 10:23:19

dogsmother

Nana8 Why did you even bring this back?

She didn't 🤔

Maggiemaybe 😁

dogsmother Sun 22-Jan-23 10:06:48

Nana8 Why did you even bring this back?

Maggiemaybe Sun 22-Jan-23 09:44:15

I don’t know about fortune-telling, but this thread has been resuscitated so many times I’m starting to believe in reincarnation. smile

LRavenscroft Sun 22-Jan-23 08:50:57

Please, please, please stop having these cards read. No disrespect but there is no more meaning in them than you trying to read your future in the runes, clouds, tea leaves or waves. I personally would go and see a life coach and ask for some simple directions on boundaries, self care, health and the passive/aggressive continuum. We are talking about real life here not a pack of cards. All the things that are said to the querent are generalities which could apply to anyone - a dark haired woman, a handsome man. They work on generalities that could apply to anyone. Also, tarot readers are very clever at cold reading from the perfume you wear to the anxiety in your eyes. Go live your life and enjoy it authentically. Sorry to be so harsh but believe me I do know from experience.