Bow your meek head to mortal pain,
Then take oh God your power and reign.

Grannmarie Sun 12-Apr-20 18:47:31

Thanks, Yogagirl.

Easter greetings to all.

Yogagirl Sat 11-Apr-20 09:27:38

Very nice Grannmarie x

Grannmarie Tue 07-Apr-20 21:10:40

Inspired by geekesse, I've put last year's blessed palm in beside my wee peace lily, overlooking The Last Supper, ready for Holy Thursday.

Sending love ❤️ and prayers ? for those who wish them.

Night night God bless.

geekesse Tue 07-Apr-20 16:16:53

Please, feel free to copy. As far as I know, the cross is free from copyright!

Yogagirl Tue 07-Apr-20 09:01:29

How lovely geekesse & thanks for sharing. I'm going to copy if that's OK, I have the same cross in my kitchen, so I'll use that xx

TwiceAsNice Mon 06-Apr-20 18:28:03

Our local church which I attend did an online service for Palm Sunday which I watched. Our usual Vicar, some of the congregation singing and reading and our part time Vicar reading the gospel, all from their own houses.

I had given in last years palm crosses to be burnt for Ash Wednesday before all this lockdown began so didn’t have one still at home. I made one from paper to hold and lit a candle on the table beside me to show the presence of Christ, as did our Vicar on the screen. One of the hymns was When I survey the Wonderous Cross

I will do the same for the Holy Week services Thursday-Saturday and the celebration of Easter Day.

Grannmarie Mon 06-Apr-20 18:18:06

Thank you, geekesse.

geekesse Mon 06-Apr-20 15:42:50

Here it is, Yogagirl.

Yogagirl Mon 06-Apr-20 11:14:21

geekesse have you a picture of your palm cross to share with us please?

I have my Easter branches up either side of my fireplace, decorated with chicks, eggs etc.

eilyann Sun 05-Apr-20 16:50:16

Perhaps a bit 'Happy Clappy' for some but my favourite Palm Sunday Hymn is Zion Holy Mountain Holy City.... The line 'I set my face face like flint for you' always makes me amazed that Jesus knew what He was going to and went anyway!
'Went' to Mass at Shrewsbury Cathedral this morning - 37 mins! Shortest ever!

EllanVannin Sun 05-Apr-20 16:48:24

My eldest D was christened on Palm Sunday 59 years ago at a church ,St Nicholas. Then when she married, it was another St. Nicholas church many miles away. He has served her well throughout the years along with her DH of course.

Grannmarie Sun 05-Apr-20 16:24:50

I watched my own parish's online Mass for Palm Sunday this morning, glad I still have last year's palm.

We are fortunate to have daily online Mass, plus Scripture reflections and Afternoon Prayers from the Psalms.

From Monday the Rosary will be prayed daily at 12.00.

Another local parish also has Stations of the Cross and Benediction.

I've never prayed so much in my life!

I thank God daily for the technology to keep in touch with our family, friends and Faith.

M0nica Sun 05-Apr-20 15:13:19

For any catholics, here is the site behind most streamed catholic services. You can choose your time and church you want to 'attend' As I said I swapped churches when the camera at my local church froze and showed no desire to unfreeze. I started mass in Oxfordshire and completed it in Scotland. www.churchservices.tv/country/england/

jacq10 Sun 05-Apr-20 14:26:38

I have the last palm my DH received tucked behind a wall plate near his chair. It fairly collects the dust but I don't intend taking it down. It comforts me to have his bits and pieces around.

Doodle Sun 05-Apr-20 14:13:34

There’s a Church service on the radio for anyone who can’t get a local one.

Judy54 Sun 05-Apr-20 13:52:12

Joined in on a conference call for Palm Sunday with our church. It was lovely to be able to worship and pray together.

geekesse Sun 05-Apr-20 12:47:43

I dug around and found an old palm cross, so I have tied it to a bunch of greenery and fixed it to my front door.

PamelaJ1 Sun 05-Apr-20 12:42:24

Blzzle - share mine.

3nanny6 Sun 05-Apr-20 12:23:54

Happy Palm Sunday to all and what a lovely verse for the thread. I just watched the service from Hereford Cathedral it was lovely. I am going on one of the streaming webs in a while to engage myself in the hour long mass, do not know why but have felt tearful and the mass always calms me.
Have a peaceful blessed day all.

Smileless2012 Sun 05-Apr-20 12:15:51

Thanks for this thread Anniesmile our ladies choir should have been singing today.

I love that hymn too Nonnie it always brings a tear to my eye.

Trudy1925 Sun 05-Apr-20 11:53:34

Oh that’s lovely Nonnie. I hope you and baby were both ok.

Trudy1925 Sun 05-Apr-20 11:52:03

Online of course!

Nonnie Sun 05-Apr-20 11:51:33

Bit off the point but I remember years ago when I was in hospital trying not t miscarry and one of the admin staff came in and gave me a palm cross.

Trudy1925 Sun 05-Apr-20 11:50:58

Happy Palm Sunday everyone. Over the last few years I’ve returned to the church, though I missed this mornings service due to a bad night. I will attend the 6.30pm one later. I’m in sunny Surrey and send warmest wishes, to enjoy this lovely weather.

Nonnie Sun 05-Apr-20 11:50:29

There is a green hill far away has always been my favourite hymn. I even remember it was number 59 in our school hymnbook.

Lots of different churches are doing online services now. Our local C o E does one and it is quite amateurish which makes it feel more real, like you are part of it, in a way that a slick production wouldn't do. We plan to watch next Sunday with other members of the family in our own homes.

Marydoll ours suggested we use felt tip on the palm of our hands and hold them up instead of a palm cross. Some people had made paper ones.