Gransnet forums

Religion/spirituality

healing with crystals

(60 Posts)
roey1948 Wed 23-Sep-20 14:01:46

not sure if this is the correct place to post this question but for those of you who have heard of/tried/use/believe in them, please can anyone recommend a crystal or crystals which help
1. diabetes.
2. heart failure.
thank you in advance

welbeck Wed 23-Sep-20 23:18:19

i noticed that the homeopathic hosp in queen square, london has also changed its name to integrative medicine.

paddyanne Wed 23-Sep-20 23:57:47

I've used homeopathy several times over the years and always had good results.My GP surgery has a practising homeopath and has for decades.I used Jan De Vries for years for both acupuncture and homeopathic medicine ,my MIL and her mother used him too.The hospital on Great Western Road has been there for a long time and has always been used by NHS patients .I can only go by our experience and that is it works.Even on a small baby ...who had no idea what the meds were the GP gave him

Marydoll Thu 24-Sep-20 00:17:27

paddyanne, my sister in law went to Jan de Vries for years and found he was able to help her when conventiional medicine failed.

I used to walk by his house with the pram, when my children were small. He had an excellent reputation among the people of Troon.

Kalu Thu 24-Sep-20 00:56:38

During an extremely painful bout of sinusitis, no meds I took helped at all. My dentist told me of a homeopathy remedy which worked for him. I was very sceptical, but willing to try anything to stop the pain, I bought Kali Bich at our local homeopathic surgery and was prepared try it for a week not thinking for a minute it would work but two days later I was pain free.

It also worked for a few people I passed my experience on to and they also benefitted from this remedy.

Hithere Thu 24-Sep-20 03:47:36

A quick google search recommends citrine for diabetes and rose quartz for heart condition

Why not try? They are going to look great on you and as long as medical treatment is in place for your conditions, I dont see the harm.

Marydoll Thu 24-Sep-20 07:51:40

I get the feeling the OP is really in need of support.

I personally don't believe in the crystal healing thing, but I do feel that there is a place for homeopathy, when conventional medicine has failed.
Also, I'm a firm believer in the healing properties of plants, which is why I have a herb garden.
In the winter, my kitchen window sill is full of herbs to compensate for the sparse outside ones.

As long as the patient is under medical supervision, what is there to lose?

Roey1948, the crystals won't cure you, but if you find comfort in them, go for it!. Healing our minds is as important as our physical health.
Ironically, there is a shop next to my GPs surgery, which sells healing crystals. ?

lilypollen Thu 24-Sep-20 23:48:26

There is a lot of research on Mind over Matter which does support the idea that the mind can have an impact on health result. Obviously for chronic conditions professional advice must be sought. DH was totally against anything other than conventional medicine until his GP recommended acupuncture for a persistent shoulder condition. 2 treatments from her and it was alleviated.

paddyanne Fri 25-Sep-20 00:39:58

I agree with Marydoll find a good homeopath , its easier nowadays with internet reviews .Ignore the sceptics give it a try .I've recommended it to dozens of folk over the years and nobody said it was a waste of time of money .Good luck with it,let us know how you get on .

Txquiltz Fri 25-Sep-20 01:00:01

A good friend was an alternative care provider for a major league football team. Her modalities included aromatherapy, shiatsu, reflexology, etc. All care was one with a physician monitor. One day we talked about crystals. Her thought was they were effective for someone with a need to feel inclusion in care....much like carrying a rabbit's foot for luck. Sorry, try your GP for treatment.

Luckyoldbeethoven Fri 25-Sep-20 07:00:48

I'm another homeopathy supporter. I've read all the trials which have shown that it doesn't work /is just a placebo but placebos don't work on children and animals!
I believe in seeing what's in front of you. For instance, camomilla magically calmed my children's colic when they were babies and just recently I realised that my newly adopted rescue cat was depressed, tried some ignatia and hey presto, complete turnaround.
I used to live in Oxfordshire where I knew a farmer who used homeopathic medicine on his cows. How would the cows know that they were taking a placebo?
Healing is bigger than popping an ibuprofen and understanding of the subtleties of the body changes all the time. There are accepted practices now which were once ridiculed.
I'm not sure about crystals but GN probably isn't the place to ask for help!

Elegran Fri 25-Sep-20 08:08:15

Just remember to also have the diabetes and the heart condition checked out by your GP.

NanKate Fri 25-Sep-20 08:16:56

I remember years ago a friend trained in Reiki which I thought it was pretty useless, but she asked if she could try it out on me. I lay down and she hovered her hand over my body and to my great surprise I felt a bolt of energy pass through my body. There was no one more surprised thar me.

NanKate Fri 25-Sep-20 08:20:11

Another poster on GN Kindly suggested Ignatia for a friend of mine with depression. He took it and felt markedly better. A result. ?

NanKate Fri 25-Sep-20 08:21:12

PS So Lucky I am a supporter too.

Sparklefizz Fri 25-Sep-20 08:22:56

This is the thing, NanKate, many people knock alternative therapies when they have never been open-minded enough to try them. Having an illness like M.E. for many years and being absolutely desperate for the first 2 years when I could not get out of bed and conventional medicine could do nothing to help me, most of the members of our local M.E. Self Help Group were trying alternative therapies because, after all, what else did we have? So in desperation I tried many things and learnt a lot.

Homeopathy, acupuncture, kinesiology, Reiki, EFT and several others all helped me tremendously, and I was finally able to get out of bed. I am not cured and have had 2 lots of cancer along the way, plus other illnesses, but alternative therapies helped me cope with that too, although I didn't turn down the surgery and radiotherapy obviously!

There is a place for all types of treatment to work alongside each other in my view.

Sparklefizz Fri 25-Sep-20 08:25:13

Sorry NanKate I was meaning to imply that you were open enough to try the Reiki. x

TwiceAsNice Fri 25-Sep-20 08:31:22

I have never tried crystals or homeopathy but acupuncture helped me a lot at one point. I would never use complementary medicine exclusively but along side conventional care you have nothing to lose and it may help.

Alegrias Fri 25-Sep-20 08:37:34

There's no point in saying "homeopathy doesn't work" to a person who is adamant that it solved their problem or made them feel better. Because if it did make you feel better, then it had an effect, by definition.

The placebo effect doesn't mean the recipient is imagining things, it means that the interaction between mind and body is more complicated than we think. That deserves research, not whether sugar pills have a pharmaceutical effect.

My homeopathy friend tried the "be open minded" approach with me. My response is, don't be so open minded that your brain falls out. Sugar pills don't have a medical effect, but if they get you through the day, then go for it. Just don't pretend it's medicine.

Marydoll Fri 25-Sep-20 09:02:01

My daughter in law bought me a back massage at a charity event, but I couldn't use it, due to the fractures in my back.
The therapist suggested a Reiki session instead.
I was really sceptical, but decided I had nothing to lose.

I had been in agony for months and during the session I started to feel a warmth spreading down my back, with the pain easing damatically.
I was converted! It was amazing and the relief lasted for weeks.

BlueBelle Fri 25-Sep-20 09:38:23

Nankate having tried both Reiki and crystal healing I felt absolutely nothing the lady giving me the crystal healing said can you feel the heat as I pass my hands over your body I felt nothing I wasn’t closed I really wanted to feel something I wanted to prove the sceptics wrong but I couldn’t The same happened with me with hypnotism it was an NHS doctor who was trained and offered it to me I was so happy and so sure it was the answer but after three or four sessions he disappointedly told me he couldn’t hypnotise me I just stayed in the here and now, hearing all the sounds around me and thinking when is it going to start !!! I m a lost cause

paddyanne Fri 25-Sep-20 11:36:01

36 years ago or more I had a stomach ulcer,my GP prescribed whatever the drug that was recommended for it ,when it wasn't helping he upped the dose ...and agan and again.Then he changed me to a new "wonder drug" Zantac....it didn't work and we had the same routine ,up the dose ,for almost a year .

It was so bad my husband had to call the GP at 3am when I was writhing on the floor in tears .Gp came out and advised ..you've guessed it ...doubling the dose.
I called a homeopath that morning,he sat and talked to me about symtoms and how they were affecting my life and what had caused the ulcer in the first place.Prescribed two types of pillules and told me the pain would "go through the roof" for the first week and then start to ease off.When it was starting I could take a shot of brandy in milk to help,I even bought a bottle in preparation.I never needed it,the pain wasn't worse than I'd had and by week 3 it was almost gone

.It took 7 weeks and I have never had any issues with it since .I'm not gullible nor stupid ...it worked and it wasn't [a placebo effect.
I used Mr De Vries many years later for a quite serious issue when my GP told me a colostomy might be the only answer for my Ulcerative colitis .I changed my diet as advised took the pillules and when I had my last visit to the surgeon he was astounded that the condition had disappeared .He asked for details of Mr De Vries and said he would be contacting him .I've had no issues with my bowel since .We have used another homeopath as well and always had great results sadly both are now dead

Alegrias Fri 25-Sep-20 11:45:06

paddyanne please read my post again. I'm not suggesting you are gullible or stupid, not in any way. And the placebo effect isn't what people think it is. Our minds and bodies work together in ways that are not understood. (To the sceptics - I don't mean that in a new age way!)

But there is no way that the homeopathic remedies work the way that homeopaths say that they do, its just not possible. But, if people want to take them, and they help them, then they should carry on.

Interested to see that you changed your diet as well as taking the pillules. That must have had an effect?

janeainsworth Fri 25-Sep-20 11:55:38

Marydoll In answer to your question about why does the NHS fund homeopathy if it’s not effective, I think the answer is that the NHS wants to be seen to be sensitive to local needs & demands. So that although NICE & the BMA & the Select Committee for Science & Technology may denounce Homeopathy, local Trusts can still provide it if they want to.
There was a big row in 2010 when the BMA were vociferous in the condemnation at the annual conference.
www.telegraph.co.uk/news/health/news/7910948/Homeopathy-will-not-be-banned-by-NHS-despite-critical-report.html

Marydoll Fri 25-Sep-20 12:04:41

jane, you are probably correct about that. When Greater Glasgow health board planned to close down the homeopathic hospital, there was a huge outcry and the First Minister became involved.
It resulted in a new purpose built hospital for integrative care, being built on the original site.

Paddyanne, I have heard so many success stories of people who were patients of Jan de Vries.

NanKate Fri 25-Sep-20 19:38:13

No offence taken Sparklefizz. I’m just grateful to you for your suggestion of Ignatia in the first place.

I regularly have acupuncture and have found it excellent.