Gransnet forums

Scams and fraud

True - Anti-5G necklaces found to be radioactive

(5 Posts)
Elegran Sat 18-Dec-21 00:10:08

Not a scam, The Dutch authority for nuclear safety and radiation protection (ANVS) issued a warned about ten products it found gave off harmful ionising radiation.

It urged people not to use the products, which could cause harm with long-term wear.

The products identified included an "Energy Armor" sleeping mask, bracelet and necklace.

A bracelet for children, branded Magnetix Wellness, was also found to be emitting radiation.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-59703523 and other sources.

OnwardandUpward Sat 18-Dec-21 00:27:29

My husband has just said "Talk about quackery!" It's shocking! Thanks for sharing.

OnwardandUpward Sat 18-Dec-21 00:34:16

So sad that conspiracy theories have fuelled the business of providing this "energy armour". As a parent of an adult child who believes in conspiracy theories, it's very concerning.

If some of the people who believe in Conspiracy theories are told this stuff emits radiation, chances are that some of them will think that's a conspiracy to make them unsafe by stopping them from wearing their "energy armour", sadly.

Grantanow Sun 16-Jan-22 13:56:40

Conspiracy theories do a lot of damage and those who propagate them should be chucked off social media permanently.

Rosie51 Sun 16-Jan-22 14:11:02

It's worrying how many people believe all this rubbish. Like the ones who believe the vaccines were a plot to microchip the world to follow our every move. The same people who carry a mobile phone that can be used to locate them with ease, use store loyalty cards that tell the store every item you buy, use credit and debit cards with abandon, leaving a digital footprint every time. I don't know how you stop the theories circulating, but I agree social media has a responsibility to cull this rubbish.