Gransnet forums

Scams and fraud

RevChris111111111

(67 Posts)

GNHQ have commented on this thread. Read here.

Callistemon21 Fri 16-Dec-22 22:53:13

Has anyone else had a message from this person?

He can sell me gold and also wants me to help him reclaim $14.5m deposited in my country. He'll share it with me but I only get 30% šŸ™‚

Am I the only lucky one?

petra Fri 22-Mar-24 08:21:43

JollyJilly
They get the info from a Data Broker.
Itā€™s not just a small site like Mumsnet, Face Book, Amazon, major car companies.
We canā€™t stop it. Itā€™s up to us to be super vigilant with all notifications that we get.

Oreo Fri 22-Mar-24 08:26:40

Got a message from this guy this morning and reported the PM, so heā€™s obviously back.Actually it wonā€™t really be just one guy but a whole bunch of scammers organisation.

Mollygo Fri 22-Mar-24 08:38:09

I missed out on RevChris, but Fr Enoch from the CĆ“te Dā€™Ivoire would appreciate funds to enable him to come and spread the word in the UK.
I donā€™t think heā€™s made it onto GN yet.

KellyGransnet (GNHQ) Fri 22-Mar-24 08:46:59

Morning all - it looks like this spammer had re-registered with a slightly different username. We've banned him again by now so please feel free to delete any PMs he sent.

We're sorry that many of you were contacted in this way - this is not what our PM system is for at all.

Cossy Fri 22-Mar-24 08:54:12

Blossoming

I am feeling excluded. Reverend Chris is ignoring me. Perhaps he knows Iā€™m an atheist.

Me too!

Iam64 Fri 22-Mar-24 09:09:53

Thanks Kelly

Primrose53 Fri 22-Mar-24 09:14:23

Got two messages from ā€œhimā€ this morning and reported both.
Maybe heā€™s a friend of the Nigerian Prince who contacts me now and then to share his massive wealth. šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

pascal30 Fri 22-Mar-24 09:44:01

Esmay

His email address includes Ashanti so I'm presuming that he's from Ghana .

Here's my open message to him :

How much better to get wisdom than gold , to get insight rather than silver .
Proverbs 16.16 .

Beilliant Esmay.. I just blocked him..

granfromafar Fri 22-Mar-24 09:53:41

I received this today aswell. He's obviously been around for a while. I blocked and reported him of course.

Pippa000 Fri 22-Mar-24 10:20:32

Must sent a message to Admin about this as I missed to 'Spam' folder, sorry I put it in to AIBU. I received one yesterday, I must find out how to block . Is there no way Admin can stop this?

Greenfinch Fri 22-Mar-24 11:02:06

Brilliant Esmay !I wish I had thought of that.

Grannynannywanny Fri 22-Mar-24 11:15:10

Iā€™m feeling a bit left out as I didnā€™t hear from revved up Chris this time. Maybe Iā€™ve offended him by not sending him my bank details last time he was in touch.

Esmay Fri 22-Mar-24 14:06:46

Thanks pascal30 and Goldfinch .
I can think of a few more bible texts to send him !
I could ask my twi speaking Ghanaian friends from the Pentacostal Church to write me something to send !

Esmay Fri 22-Mar-24 14:19:54

There are a few Rev Christopher Walkers including one who assaulted his mother .

And I meant Pentecostal not Pentacostal .

In the past , I was contacted by a Curtis Weinburg - a Scottish (!) soldier in Afghanistan , who wanted money to release a cache of gold and I also had a marriage proposal from him !

M0nica Fri 22-Mar-24 14:23:08

Me too!!

Chocolatelovinggran Fri 22-Mar-24 15:40:43

Primrose, I fear that we are being two- timed. The Nigerian Prince has been communicating with me. We may have to move on from him, sadly.