Gransnet forums

Science/nature/environment

Have I made the right decison?

(27 Posts)
Falconbird Mon 23-Feb-15 08:22:10

I had to move house when my DH passed away and I'm living in a nice flat with an ensuite and all mod cons. The downside is I don't have a garden.

I thought that was would be a good idea because I'm 68 and still agile but I was thinking about the future and not being able to do the garden work.

I'm beginning to miss the birds, a fox who used to call in, and planting flowers etc.,

I could move again but it would be a huge effort.

confused

Falconbird Wed 25-Feb-15 07:07:02

The only thing missing here is a garden but there is a gate at the back of the property leading to a country style lane and churchyard with a lovely old church. The flat is very safe and I think there is sound proofing because I don't hear much from the neighbours.

It is very close to small shops and major supermarkets.

I am going to keep looking around but it's difficult to find something that's 100 percent right.

I've seen too many friends and relations growing old and ill in tumble down houses with overgrown gardens and it is nice to be free from all those worries and expenses.

Also I downsized from necessity but luckily I'm a minimalist by nature and not a horder so that wasn't a problem but actually quite cathartic. I went through my books and disposed of anything I wouldn't want to read again, and threw away any shoes that weren't 100 percent comfortable.