But Donbobs...surely you would agree that we have to take action against some living things?
In general I like to ‘live and let live’ but live with a tape worm, with ecoli, with head lice? Share my water and food with rats (viles disease)?
Humans are more than happy to wipe out the measles or small pox bacteria and that is a living thing too isn’t it?
Just not a pretty one.
And I’m sure if Alabama rot affected a loved dog people would be crying out for a cure that killed it off!
I’m just making the point that Humans are fickle, and so long as they aren’t inconvenienced they don’t see the other POV.
As someone else pointed out It’s our fault for feeding gulls and other creatures and making them both rely on us and see us as sources of food.
What would be the worst figure of speech if you took them literally?
What medicine do you remember always having in your childhood medicine cabinet?
Strictly 2026- Remembering Sparklefizz.
Alphabetical Fauna (mammals, birds, reptiles, fish, insects etc.)


well said. I've just sneaked out some left over breakfast kipper for them, whilst DH is out with the dog.
