Gransnet forums

Site stuff

Geraldine, Could you please.....

(27 Posts)
jangly Tue 23-Aug-11 22:56:33

Get on to Anne Widdecombe and invite her to be an honorary member on here.

love from Gally.

mwah.

x

grannyactivist Wed 24-Aug-11 00:16:54

Oh yes, I'll second that. It would make for some interesting threads wouldn't it?grin

Baggy Wed 24-Aug-11 06:30:01

Yes. Don't like her 'Party' but she seems a straightforward kind of woman, which I like.

Notsogrand Wed 24-Aug-11 07:58:20

I like her too. She seems to be totally free of 'spin'.

Zephrine Wed 24-Aug-11 08:10:37

I'm agreeing with Baggy again!

JosieGransnet (GNHQ) Wed 24-Aug-11 09:19:17

Hi all,

Don't know about honorary member, but she might agree to coming on for a webchat if we ask very very nicely (no promises!).

Would that be of interest?

Gally Wed 24-Aug-11 09:40:03

Jangly - you didn't hide your identity very well - really everyone, it wasn't I who suggested it!
Josie Brilliant idea - I'm sure she'd agree especially if you promise to make her a Hon. Gran

jangly Wed 24-Aug-11 09:49:37

shock You SO did Gally!

Josi, have we driven matron Geraldine away?

Was it my fault? shock

JosieGransnet (GNHQ) Wed 24-Aug-11 10:06:44

Don't worry, we're onto it (no matter who suggested it!)

Geraldine's just out of the office for a few days, definitely not driven away!

jangly Wed 24-Aug-11 10:16:36

Oh heck.

Does that mean the Honorable one will read this crap stuff?

shock

Gally Wed 24-Aug-11 10:19:12

I should think poor Matron has taken to a cool dark room for a few days peace, with a brew and a kit-kat, ready to face the New Term and all the 1st Year Grannys grin

GeraldineGransnet (GNHQ) Wed 07-Sep-11 15:35:29

Matron is here. Stop sniggering, you at the back. You know who I mean. Yes, you, jangly.

jangly Wed 07-Sep-11 15:55:06

Oh well!

I've got used to Josi now.

So there. [tongue sticky out emoticon]

jangly Wed 07-Sep-11 15:58:13

And Cari of course.

She tries hard. smile

carboncareful Wed 07-Sep-11 17:48:33

But she is SINGLE. Is it being suggested there are secret Widdy children and grandchildren hiding out there?

jangly Wed 07-Sep-11 17:59:48

Of course not!

Why would you need to be a gran to enter into a webchat?

And people are made honorary members of universities without ever having studied there.

I think its probably what the honorary bit means.

JessM Wed 07-Sep-11 18:04:06

Not a gran.
Not a mum.
Never even had a if the stories are true.
Give me a break!

jangly Wed 07-Sep-11 18:10:30

So, if she's never had sex then she's not a real woman? hmm

Life experience counts for nothing does?

What about being a decent human being who cared for her ageing mum until her death? That not worth anything?

Because she has never had sex.

Right.

hmm

jangly Wed 07-Sep-11 18:12:07

There have been a load of experiences in my life that have been a blooming sight more worthwhile than fucking!

em Wed 07-Sep-11 19:08:07

Not sure I ever envisaged saying this but I am totally in agreement with Jangly's post. Surely we all have friends who aren't married, mums or grans and who may even be virgins! Do we write them off as non-women? Like others, I don't agree with her politics but she seems to me to be someone worth listening to! You can always disagree with what she says!

JessM Wed 07-Sep-11 20:39:32

Jangly! Language! Doesn't shock me but there are those with tender sensibilities - even if it is not used as a swear word.

I was being controversial of course, (can't let Jangly have the monopoly on shoot from the hip, slightly scandalous posts. In fact did not seem to be a seriously meant thread in the first place...) but AW is free to join if she wants isn't she. Doesn't mean GN should go crawling. Where would it stop? The whole of the cast of Strictly past and present? Camilla? Dawn French? The Queen?
Mrs T?????
Perhaps the queen mother could be persuaded to come back from the grave and be a ghost in the machine?

greenmossgiel Wed 07-Sep-11 21:04:14

Heaven forfend, JessM!! Not that lot, please, NO!! I wouldn't mind Ann Widdecombe though - I think she'd have plenty of sensible stuff to say, without being self-interested. Perhaps it's just not occurred to her to join in?

jangly Wed 07-Sep-11 22:43:59

I seem to remember the thread was started as a bit of a joke between Gally and me. But I've got nothing against Ann Widdecombe. I think her heart is in the right place iykwim.

I doubt if GNHQ "go crawling" when they suggest a webchat to anyone. They just offer some publicity, usually for a forthcoming book.

Your other suggestions - Camilla? def yes! The queen? yeah, likely! hmm Can do without Dawn French. And Mrs T.

(I think Geraldine must have been reading some "back issues" when she brought this thread back!)

jangly Wed 07-Sep-11 22:44:58

greenmoss - I doubt she knows we exist! grin

GeraldineGransnet (GNHQ) Fri 09-Sep-11 15:04:03

Ann Widdecombe not only knows we exist but has expressed interest in doing a webchat. (She hasn't said when, though, so calm down gally and jangly.)

We agree about Camilla - could very interesting. Think royal protocol might have a rule about not going on Gransnet, though.

Unless of course she is here already, hiding behind an assumed name?