Gransnet forums

Site stuff

I am beginning to despair of Gransnet.......

(118 Posts)
jangly Fri 09-Sep-11 16:42:28

There doesn't seem to be any humour.

Its a bit frumpy. And inward looking.

I feel disappointed. sad

Yes. I know I can go if I feel like that.

Ariadne Sun 11-Sep-11 17:47:00

No, no, no! I have been incredibly impressed with the quality of discussion from articulate and intelligent women, and am full of admiration. And there's always someone to lighten the atmosphere with wit and humour, and a glass... Love it. wine

jogginggirl Sun 11-Sep-11 18:13:46

Very succinct JessM smile

Libradi Sun 11-Sep-11 19:00:52

Exactly how I feel about gransnet JessM, brilliant post, thank you.

Baggy Sun 11-Sep-11 19:22:56

Yep, that's a good way of putting it, jess. You often have a way with words. smile

yogagran Sun 11-Sep-11 20:57:09

Thanks Jess - summed it up perfectly, and I also agree with grannyact, it's very strange how GN takes hold of you and sucks you in

Stansgran Sun 11-Sep-11 21:31:40

grannyactivist i still can'twork out what a troll is-on my shopping list it goes also as rswipe

greenmossgiel Sun 11-Sep-11 21:40:30

Just got that, Stansgran! I was picking it up as rs wipe...then I realised! Good description....wink

absentgrana Sun 11-Sep-11 21:52:41

Can we just stop this thread?

elizabethjoan Sun 11-Sep-11 23:07:56

Hello Jangly
I'm with you! Let's wake up, shake up and not take things so seriously. Lord knows we all have various bits of poo-poo to deal with, and sense of humour and irony is "what I would call" Vital! Anyone who wants to get on to a pulpit and preach is welcome and has every right, but I think we need to get a bit of balance here...........(as the actress said to the bishop). I still love the joke about the guy going on to a website and needing to put in an eight character password, which he did......Snow White and the Seven Dwarves.
Plans for tomorrow? Monday phone calls and bill paying, walk and try to learn music for Opera Chorus simultaneously, AgeUK Day Centre, grandson to playground,
do nothing then glass wine. Stick in a few plants and prepare leftovers. Another glass wine, and dinner with Jon Snow and husband. Check I have place on Drama course and phone friends. Off to bed with Jodi Picoult. She hits the spot.
That's my day. What's yours?

absentgrana Sun 11-Sep-11 23:15:21

Goodness elizabethjoan Jon Snow and husband – that's interesting. Off to bed with Jodi Picoult that's tantalising too.

elizabethjoan Sun 11-Sep-11 23:22:01

Baggy...let's be friends! I live in the North and love it. Fab spot, great people about, and lots of beautiful places. Maybe a bunch of us could arrange a physical meetup sometime? Specially over the winter when the dreaded gloom and doom tries to step through the door. (Boo! Hiss! Go away!)

elizabethjoan Sun 11-Sep-11 23:25:00

Absentgrana.....oh yes we have some excellent dinners, though sometimes the tie gets a bit messy. As for Jodi...I will say nothing, except that she really touches me.

Baggy Mon 12-Sep-11 07:22:54

Cheers to you too, elizabethjoan! Shame that you're feeling so grouchy. I hope you recover your equanimity soon.

Twobabes Mon 12-Sep-11 12:45:49

Well, come on! What is a troll? Seen it mentioned a few times on GN but the only ones I know live under the rickety rackety bridge. confused

yogagran Mon 12-Sep-11 13:27:31

According to Wikipedia a troll is:

In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

Hope that makes sense Twobabes

Twobabes Mon 12-Sep-11 17:57:42

That figures - Thanks YG.

Stansgran Mon 12-Sep-11 18:34:03

At last thank you