Gransnet forums

Site stuff

Little Devil Emoticon

(30 Posts)
Bags Tue 16-Oct-12 19:30:56

I need a little devil emoticon, please. Pale green, with horns, and a wikkid smile.

Gally Tue 16-Oct-12 19:41:03

May we ask why Bags grin
(good idea though)

Bags Tue 16-Oct-12 19:47:35

So that I can have a devil's advocate 'signature'. So that I can take the piss about any old thing without anyone taking offence. So that I can argue in an impersonal way without having to write as if it was an essay. Stuff like that smile.

It's a nice devil. Dead smiley and winky, but definitely wikkid.

baubles Tue 16-Oct-12 19:51:35

Bags "dead smiley and winky, but definitely wicked" a self portrait perhaps? grin smile

jeni Tue 16-Oct-12 19:52:19

I REALLY fancy that bags what an excellent idea!smile

Bags Tue 16-Oct-12 19:54:44

If you say so, baubles grin. I'm happy with that assessment.

Grannylin Tue 16-Oct-12 20:07:00

I think not bags
Pale green........what not to wear
Horns.....mmm... A little rude
Wikkid....pedant alert

Butternut Tue 16-Oct-12 20:53:40

Hmmm - Devil sounds a bit, um....dare I say....somewhat part of the religious sphere ;-) So how about a Woodland Sprite - green, definitely mischievous and cheeky, and free spirited. smile

jeni Tue 16-Oct-12 20:58:46

Help! I'm trying to bump the Halloween party thread , and it won't let me do it! Can someone else try?

Butternut Tue 16-Oct-12 21:01:31

There you go Jeni - it worked.

Bags Tue 16-Oct-12 21:02:42

Yep, I like that suggestion, butty.

Anne58 Tue 16-Oct-12 21:06:34

Yes butty that does sound quite appealing.

Bags , You do seem to be successful in your requests, I think HQ find it hard to say no. Now, if only someone with influence could ask for an edit function.................... grin

Bags Tue 16-Oct-12 21:11:35

SUCCESSFUL!!!!
It took them thousands of years to get a Science Forum up! And we shouldn't have had to ask anyway. Why wasn't it there in the first place is what I want to know? Shocked at the lack, I was. Shocked.

But it's nice that it's there now. [sweet sugary smile] followed by [sprite smile] and a [twinkle]

Bags Tue 16-Oct-12 21:13:57

They won't give us an edit button you know. At least, they've said no a couple of times already. Do other forums have edit facilities? and if so how do they work?

Anne58 Tue 16-Oct-12 21:14:19

Steady Bags , steady.

Bags Tue 16-Oct-12 21:15:48

smile Steady as a sprite, me.

Wheniwasyourage Tue 16-Oct-12 22:32:47

Go for it, Bags! I love the idea of your little devil emoticon. It would be useful for the purposes you suggest and would offend only those who could do with being offended [little devil emoticon]!

Ana Tue 16-Oct-12 22:54:18

Yes, a lot of other forums do have an edit function. Sometimes you're supposed to state why you have edited your post, but it's not usually compulsory. The reason for that is that everyone can see that you've edited, unless you've done it before anyone posted after you. Usually it's only done for typos or the realisation that you've actually missed out a vital word!

NfkDumpling Tue 16-Oct-12 23:00:01

I suppose the Preview acts as an edit. Could be a bit difficult if you edit after someone has replied and also typos can be fun.

NfkDumpling Tue 16-Oct-12 23:01:45

Forgot to add I think a little green devil or imp would be quite useful.

moon

Ana Tue 16-Oct-12 23:04:19

Preview is good in theory, but I just tend to post and submit!
Devil or imp could be overused, I think.
moon

isthisallthereis Sat 20-Oct-12 08:23:44

I've started using [devil emoticon] in other threads on this forum.

Maybe someone upstairs will take the hint!
[devil emoticon]

isthisallthereis Sat 20-Oct-12 08:26:37

btw bags I love the word wikkid. One of the many ways in which de yoot have greatly improved our vocab, as indeed they've done for generations.

but that's, for certain, another thread!

shysal Sat 20-Oct-12 08:44:18

Don't hold your breath! Tech did ask for no more requests for emoticons after the crescent moon.
I wonder whether everything will have a witch's hat this year on Halllwe'en, the temporary changes don't seem to present a problem. I think I may just jog their memory.

Bags Sat 20-Oct-12 08:53:56

I started the thread wikkidly, tongue in cheek. I'm not really expecting a little devil emoticon. Besides, we have to talk about it for months before "Site Stuff", whoever s/he is, notices wink

Meanwhile, there's nothing to stop us using our own versions of [wikkid] and [little devil]

[chuckle]