Gransnet forums

Site stuff

And it's goodbye from me...

(42 Posts)
GeraldineGransnet (GNHQ) Wed 28-Aug-13 10:44:52

...and hello to her them.

I'm sad to say that I'm leaving Gransnet at the end of this week - but I'm thrilled to be able to tell you that CariGransnet and LaraGransnet will be taking over as Editor in a jobshare.

I am off to start a new venture (just want you to know I haven't been sacked..) but immensely sorry to be leaving behind such a lovely team at GNHQ and all the fantastic, funny, sympathetic, kind, entertaining, thoughtful, feisty, opinionated and interesting gransnetters.

It makes me very happy to be leaving Gransnet in the immensely capable hands of Cari and Lara, who know the site inside out, understand what's so brilliant and distinctive about it and will only make improvements.

And you know, you may not entirely get rid of me...I may pop up as a gransnetter from time to time.

It's been enormous fun, and I've learnt an enormous amount from you lot sad sunshine wine

Anne58 Wed 28-Aug-13 10:46:23

Many thanks for all that you have done, Geraldine and every good wish for your new venture. (What is it? nosey emoticon)

thatbags Wed 28-Aug-13 10:47:35

All the best with your new venture, geraldine! Does it involve cake?

whenim64 Wed 28-Aug-13 10:49:41

Sorry to see you go, Geraldine, but all the very best in your next job. Please come back and join some discussions. You can say whatever you want now perish the thought! flowers

dustyangel Wed 28-Aug-13 10:52:25

Thank you Geraldine. I've learnt a lot from Gransnet and laughed a lot as well. Best Wishes for whatever you are doing next. flowers.

vegasmags Wed 28-Aug-13 10:52:26

All the very best in your new venture Geraldine

Gagagran Wed 28-Aug-13 10:53:26

We'll miss you Geraldine - the voice of reason! Good luck in your new job and remember to look in now and then to let us know how you are! wine flowers

Sel Wed 28-Aug-13 10:57:08

Good luck Geraldine flowers

finocchio Wed 28-Aug-13 11:01:38

Cherrio, and all the very best! sunshine

Ana Wed 28-Aug-13 11:05:32

Goodbye and good luck, Geraldine! Gransnet won't be the same without you...sad

Nelliemoser Wed 28-Aug-13 11:19:26

Good luck! Geraldine you have coped with some of the "excitement" on here with great diplomacy and good humour.

xxx

Elegran Wed 28-Aug-13 11:21:33

Goodbye and good luck, Geraldine Hope they have plenty of cake where you are going.

janthea Wed 28-Aug-13 11:21:59

Good luck, Geraldine in whatever your new venture it. I'm sure it will be a great success. You will be missed. You made Gransnet what it is today sad

Movedalot Wed 28-Aug-13 11:30:41

Good luck, good by and thanks for all the cake.

sunseeker Wed 28-Aug-13 11:31:04

Good luck and do come back and --check up on us--let us know how you are getting on from time to time

sunseeker Wed 28-Aug-13 11:31:52

why weren't those words crossed through? obviously I need another cup of coffee!

Movedalot Wed 28-Aug-13 11:33:53

sun I can't doo crossing through, why? If I put cross nothing happens

Movedalot Wed 28-Aug-13 11:34:19

Oh, it does work but not on preview confused

Ana Wed 28-Aug-13 11:36:14

sunseeker you didn't leave a space before 'let'. This crossing-out is a very precise art! grin

Greatnan Wed 28-Aug-13 11:37:32

Good luck, Geraldine. Thank you for all your good work, and if you ever fancy a week in the Alps......................

GeraldineGransnet (GNHQ) Wed 28-Aug-13 11:40:59

Thank you all. Just to reassure you, the new job is my own fledgling business and the one thing we can be sure of is that the working day (not to mention the after-working day) will revolve around cake.

bikergran Wed 28-Aug-13 12:20:13

ok ..we are all off to Geraldines for tea and "Cake" hurry iu before its all gone...[cake] I'm having the BIGGEST slice smile good luck Geraldine smile

janeainsworth Wed 28-Aug-13 12:22:33

Geraldine I hope you realise you've put the cat amongst the pigeons now.
Every time a new poster 'pops up' there will be speculation that it's you in disguise, unless of course you choose to join the small band who post in their own names wink
All the best for your new venture winewine

Zengran Wed 28-Aug-13 12:37:55

All the best, Geraldine, new ventures are so exciting flowers

Gally Wed 28-Aug-13 13:33:43

You will be missed Geraldine. Good luck, bon chance, au revoir, arrivederci, a bientot and happy cake-eating winkcupcakewine