Gransnet forums

Site stuff

A question about PMs (Inbox and Sent)

(11 Posts)
Grannyknot Tue 12-Nov-13 20:46:08

Dear HQ

What happens to the above (our PMs)? Are they all archived somewhere for evermore? Or do you delete them after a while? Are they traceable/linked to our email addresses?

Yours in curiosity, GK.

Lona Tue 12-Nov-13 22:45:44

You can delete them yourself Grannyknot

liminetta Tue 12-Nov-13 22:56:50

Sorry to be an ignoramus, but what are PMs?

Ana Tue 12-Nov-13 23:00:48

They are linked to our email addresses because we get a notification via email if we've received a PM (if you have opted for that on your profile details).

tanith Tue 12-Nov-13 23:08:43

PM's are personal messages liminetta , if you look up above at the red box that says Inbox and click on it it will take you to your personal message inbox where you can send or receive a personal message to another member of Gransnet..

liminetta Tue 12-Nov-13 23:13:22

Oh; thanks very much Ana and tanith. All has been made clear!
I must say, Ime proud of my information gathering lately.Just to think, I didn't even know how to switch this thing on 6 months ago!

Icyalittle Tue 12-Nov-13 23:42:56

Hey, liminetta you should indeed be proud of yourself in that case. What a boon the whole computer communication thing has been to so many of us. I'm afraid I go way back to Algol and punch cards, so rather biased, but you only need to see how everyone worked together during the search for Carole to see how well it links us all.

Grannyknot Wed 13-Nov-13 12:13:53

Teehee I'm the biggest ignoramus! I thought they sat on a server somewhere. Thanks, Lona.

thatbags Wed 13-Nov-13 14:37:04

We used to haves tacks of computer punch cards in the house. Good as bookmarks and for writing shopping lists on. I used one once do sketch a wildflower that I didn't know and sent the card to my aunt. She correctly identified it.

Then we progressed to stacks of "zig-zagging" computer paper. Never short of paper for kids to draw on unitl we got to DD3. She just drew on the walls instead confused.

thatbags Wed 13-Nov-13 14:37:20

have stacks

BAnanas Wed 13-Nov-13 15:06:20

liminetta you are not alone, I also had to ask what a pm is a while back.