Gransnet forums

Site stuff

I will say this only once and then I will --bog off-- get back to Xmas

(51 Posts)
jinglbellrocks Mon 16-Dec-13 08:53:42

I left. I came back as username123 to say something on the universal benefits thread. What I said upset HQ a lot. They banned me. Then soop got poorly. I really wanted to send her a get well message so I asked HQ to let me back on just to do that. They did. I sent the message. Then they said I could come back as j09. But I wanted a fun Xmas name. But I didn't want to have one until I knew soop was better. So I posted under username123 for a while until Mrsoop said she was on the mend. Then I changed to this godawful name (sorry about that).

Before that I posted one spoof thread under the name maudie something (can't remember rest of it) That upset Them too.

My sins are now before you.

This post is mostly for Soutra. No one else will be interested.

jinglbellrocks Mon 16-Dec-13 08:54:19

I'm only bogging off for a little while! shock

PRINTMISS Mon 16-Dec-13 09:04:40

Well I read it, no idea what you are on about, but good for you!

Charleygirl Mon 16-Dec-13 09:08:28

Not a clue either!

CariGransnet (GNHQ) Mon 16-Dec-13 09:18:52

The rules are the same for everyone: people can only register under one username at a time (oh - and pretty please don't de reg, pop up under new names to set the cat among the pigeons then disappear again immediately.)

And abide by our (very few) guidelines. That's it.

Now let the Christmas spirit be amongst us...peace, goodwill (and lots of mince pies) to all

tanith Mon 16-Dec-13 09:25:09

I think the whole thing must of passed me by also.

jinglbellrocks Mon 16-Dec-13 09:31:16

Yes. I should have added that you can only register under one name at a time. As far as I know it is physically/technically impossible to do otherwise.

Like I say, this is mostly for Soutra. To put her out of her obvious misery.

Happy Christmas dear Cari. tchsmile

Tegan Mon 16-Dec-13 09:42:07

Actually it isn't just Soutra that is interested. Some of us don't understand why there is sometimes one rule for one and not everyone else. And I'm pleased that you've pointed out that sometimes the things you say can be seen to be upsetting.

thatbags Mon 16-Dec-13 09:42:44

I admire your cleverness in getting under Their skin so, jingl. Talent. wink

Elegran Mon 16-Dec-13 09:52:34

That clarifies it for everyone then, Jingle. I think.

dorsetpennt Mon 16-Dec-13 09:57:48

I wondered where you had got to 123/jingle/JO9. Perhaps in time you will be welcomed back into the fold, just think before you type as you upset loads of GNers.

petallus Mon 16-Dec-13 09:58:59

You've only been back five minutes and already Gransnet is twice as interesting smile

Ana Mon 16-Dec-13 10:01:11

Agreed, petallus! tchsmile

Gagagran Mon 16-Dec-13 10:05:02

I think I've said before that Jings is the salt that savors the meat! grin

Tegan Mon 16-Dec-13 10:05:58

It depends on the definition of interesting I suppose. If confrontation and discord is your thing so be it. I found gransnet a very pleasant place to be recently; I'm sorry that other people found it so tedious sad.

Ana Mon 16-Dec-13 10:11:49

Not at all, Tegan it's the down to earth, pithy comments and flashes of wit that I've missed! tchsmile

Elegran Mon 16-Dec-13 10:28:57

There are others who can do confrontation and discord at least as thoroughly as Jingle and with more ill-will behind their posts, and there are some who are exasperating in other ways too.

I think a lot of the subdued posting recently has been a result of the shock of Greatnan's fall, not the absence of one poster.

Mishap Mon 16-Dec-13 10:40:52

Passes me by too - sounds as though it is probably just as well!

kittylester Mon 16-Dec-13 10:52:46

Agreed, generally, Elegran. But, I would also blame the lack of Greatnan. sad

merlotgran Mon 16-Dec-13 10:53:25

I don't like the way some posters feel the need to lecture jingle about the content of her posts. Like Ana says, her pithy comments and flashes of wit might not be to everyone's taste but Gransnet should be for everyone to enjoy and not moulded to suit those who want it their way.

The problem is the moment jingle opens her mouth posts, there is someone waiting to pounce and some of the criticism is ridiculously petty.

I try and get on with everyone on Gransnet but it's no fun when there's a constant 'watch what you say' feeling about posting.

dollie Mon 16-Dec-13 10:58:04

funny how comments can be misconstrued when read and cause a riot ...i find it sad that some people take things to heart and think comments are made directly at them when in fact its ' just someones point of view' and to me should be treated thus..

thatbags Mon 16-Dec-13 11:40:47

Well said, merlot and dollie. I second what elegran said too: it's worth bearing in mind, I feel, that jingl does not set out to cause offence; she has said so and I believe her. She may occasionally get rattled but don't we all?

Grandmanorm Mon 16-Dec-13 11:47:28

I agree with all that thatbags has said.
So, welcome back Jingle.

Elegran Mon 16-Dec-13 11:53:05

Yes, we all get rattled at times and say more than we mean to, that is part of being human, though we should try to avoid it. It is carrying a grudge into other conversations, and shooting someone down as soon as they put their heads above the parapet to say anything which causes the most unpleasantness.

glammanana Mon 16-Dec-13 11:53:56

thatbags I do agree with your post jings just seems to add that bit of spice which I find mostly amusing and if I don't then off to the next post.tchsmile