Gransnet forums

Site stuff

local sites

(11 Posts)
kittylester Wed 19-Mar-14 14:06:36

I live near the borders of Leicestershire, Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire, none if which has a local editor- which should I register with ? confused

Pittcity Wed 19-Mar-14 14:28:07

All of them.

kittylester Wed 19-Mar-14 14:30:15

Will it let me do that?

LucyGransnet (GNHQ) Wed 19-Mar-14 14:33:42

kittylester - all of them, if you'd like! Just go to one of those sites and hover your mouse over my sites in the top-right corner. If you click edit while you're there, a pop-up box will give you the option to add more than one home site, or change to a different one completely. Nottinghamshire is probably the most active of the three at the moment.

We're recruiting new Local Editors all the time, but still have plenty of openings and are actively looking for people to fill these roles. Unfortunately we haven't stumbled across any local gurus in those areas yet!

Also, stay tuned for a Gransnet Local FAQ page, which should answer all of these queries about using your local site.

kittylester Wed 19-Mar-14 14:57:06

Thank you Lucy - I'll give it try!

Tegan Wed 19-Mar-14 15:25:58

Nothing much on the Nottinghamshire site since last June [and even then it was about a meeting that a few of us had tried to arrange]. Even less on the other sites I think sad.

kittylester Wed 19-Mar-14 15:40:31

Maybe there could be an East Midlands site for all three sites. We are in about the same position as regards to the borders, aren't we Tegan?

Tegan Wed 19-Mar-14 15:48:49

Neither herenorthere kitty confused....waifs, vagabonds and strays..sad...

kittylester Wed 19-Mar-14 16:53:56

I hope they feel sorry for us and send someone to look after us Tegan. sad preferably with wine and [cupcakes] grin

kittylester Wed 19-Mar-14 16:55:46

That seems to have worked Lucy, thank you cupcake

LucyGransnet (GNHQ) Thu 20-Mar-14 11:50:12

Most welcome smile give me a shout if I can help with anything else.