Gransnet forums

Site stuff

We need this emoticon

(56 Posts)
jinglbellsfrocks Fri 27-Mar-15 19:27:43

Can we please have a back of hand across brow emoti, for use when threads are getting just too much for the more tender amongst us to bear?

Thank you. smile

loopylou Sun 29-Mar-15 15:15:34

you're past it perhaps, I'm not

Offensive to me

Ana Sun 29-Mar-15 15:25:58

Swearing isn't against GN rules. I don't do it myself, but I'm a bit surprised that someone who has reached our age is offended or upset by the odd Anglo Saxon epithet.

Ana Sun 29-Mar-15 15:27:08

(My post was to granjura)

granjura Sun 29-Mar-15 15:29:08

Swearing per se, and swearing as part of a personal insult. 2 very different things, no?

granjura Sun 29-Mar-15 17:57:45

What are the rules?

When writing your messages, please use the same courtesy you'd show when speaking face-to-face with someone.

Our policy is to keep intervention to a minimum (we don't have formal moderators) and let the conversation flow. Having said that, we will remove postings that are obscene, contain personal attacks or break the law. For more on this, see our Netiquette page.

Who goes f'ing and blinding when talking to people face to face? I don't- and don't really want to 'talk' to people who think that it is ok- I find it a bit tragic if people think it is acceptable in every day conversation. My problem, you'd say- and fair enough.

But personal attacks, included those with swearing I'd imagine- are clearly against the rules. Most people here try very hard to agree to disagree in a fair and polite manner- shame a tiny % do not, again and again.