Gransnet forums

Site stuff

Dear gransnet

(173 Posts)
soontobe Fri 29-May-15 10:32:31

I would like some advice please.

On some threads, I am asked question after question after question etc[plus a couple of not so nice comments] about what I have posted.

At what point should I refuse to answer any more posts, even if they are incorrect about me or someone has got the wrong end of the stick about something I have posted.

I know I dont have to answer, but I dont like misconceptions about what I have posted. Plus no matter how many posts I answer, there are still more questions. I am actually quite happy to answer them. But is that ok with gransnet ok?
[Any bad feeling on a thread about me,I can more than deal with and I dont have a problem with]

I think this happens to other posters as well, but maybe they dont have quite as many questions asked of them as I do.

absent Mon 01-Jun-15 20:25:27

Anya You didn't say that you picked up the little tips on Gransnet; only that you had picked them up over the last few years. But my query wasn't a serious one in the first place. smile

Anya Mon 01-Jun-15 13:25:58

I suppose we can all have senior moments Ana , even Absent grin

Ana Mon 01-Jun-15 13:18:42

I don't understand the question, absent...confused

Anya Mon 01-Jun-15 12:23:58

The clue is in the phrase 'I've picked up' Absent (sigh)

absent Mon 01-Jun-15 08:29:55

Anya Do you actually mean that you and your little tips are one of the best things about Gransnet or that the little tips on Gransnet are among the best things? confused grin

Anya Mon 01-Jun-15 07:11:43

One of the best things about GN is all the little tips I've picked up over the last few years smile

Iam64 Mon 01-Jun-15 06:13:10

Anya - the colour wow powder sounds one of those things we all need on our product shelf.

absent Mon 01-Jun-15 05:32:07

…or even Hyacinth.

absent Mon 01-Jun-15 05:31:42

janeainsworth – never Haycinth Bouquet! smile

janeainsworth Sun 31-May-15 23:26:00

Thanks for all the helpful advice. I'll look out for the colour wow powder, thank you anya.
Thank you for your kind words soutra blush

Normally it doesn't matter as there is only MrA who says he doesn't care etc etc, but we do go ashore and one likes to keep up appearances so to speak.
#hyacinthbouquetmoment

Anya Sun 31-May-15 22:58:19

There's a pressed powder you can buy to touch up roots. You'd have to do it again each time you wash it (it washes out) but it ought to be enough to blend the colour in. I used it when my hairdresser was taken ill and off work for a couple of months.

It's called COLORWOW root cover up.

jinglbellsfrocks Sun 31-May-15 21:59:23

Go to a hairdresser out there.

absent Sun 31-May-15 21:52:16

Wear a hat?

Galen Sun 31-May-15 21:27:36

A) I do it abroad!
At least they speak a version of English there.

Soutra Sun 31-May-15 21:18:40

Just leave it! I've seen your pictures and you couldn't look like a bag lady if you tried!

janeainsworth Sun 31-May-15 21:01:12

I haven't got enough hair to tie up, but I suppose I could keep my baseball cap on wink
Should have mentioned the high temperature and humidity are contributing to the Wreck of the Hesperus look shock

Ana Sun 31-May-15 21:00:17

You can buy root touch-up kits - I'm sure they'll have them over there - just as a temporary measure until you get home, jane! smile

loopylou Sun 31-May-15 20:53:40

Definitely Iam's d) sounds the best option to me, don't some women pay a fortune for the sea salt treatment and look?

Iam64 Sun 31-May-15 20:46:00

Oh janeainsworth,
a) definitely terrifying
b) a possibility but probably messy, tedious, boring and you aren't likely to feel satisfied with the results
c) wait till you get home and go au natural…..
alternatively
d) tie your hair up and forget about it, enjoy your holiday and let the sun/wind/salty air add to the general care free look

smile

janeainsworth Sun 31-May-15 20:21:18

I sympathise Iam.
I've been in America for the last 7 weeks and not due home for another 6.
My mid-brown hair has got bleached in the sun and I trimmed the ends & fringe so style and shape looks ok ( I have a really good hairdresser at home).
But I have been kidding myself that my roots which are dark with some grey, are not visible.
A photo the other day demonstrated that au have been deluding myself.
Do I
a)go to a local hairdresser (v scary)
b)try and do the roots myself (not easy on boat)
Or c) wait till I get home and look like a bag-lady in the meantime?
confused

Iam64 Sun 31-May-15 19:38:15

Thanks merlotgran. This subject somehow arose a couple of years ago when a large group of friends were away together on holiday, about 20 of us, many couples in the group. Almost all the women had been going to the same dentist, doctor and hairdresser for more years than the men could imagine smile

merlotgran Sun 31-May-15 18:49:12

I can well understand, Iam. I hate having to find a new hairdresser and have been with the same one for sixteen years. She was pregnant when she first started doing my hair and it's hard to believe her daughter will be leaving school this summer.....How time flies!

I trust her completely. She's a brilliant cutter and always got the colour spot on.

Have one on me wine grin

Maggiemaybe Sun 31-May-15 18:46:44

I must admit my DH and DS both have much better heads of hair than I do. envy

Iam64 Sun 31-May-15 18:42:41

Well…. I've had a traumatic couple of weeks because the person who has been cutting and colouring my hair for almost 30 years retired, unexpectedly early. I've had to find a new hair cutter who can also colour hair without it looking as though someone coloured it. Trauma doesn't go anywhere near describing how tough it's been wine

grannyactivist Sun 31-May-15 15:28:01

My youngest son is home from university for the summer and I noticed yesterday that he has a LOT of grey in his very dark hair. He's only twenty three. shock