Gransnet forums

Site stuff

The mobile site doesn't work for me

(45 Posts)

GNHQ have commented on this thread. Read here.

janeainsworth Tue 19-Jun-18 11:40:35

As from this morning, if I go onto GN on my phone, I can join a thread, but instead of the usual header banner, I get a list of the different forums.

I always stay logged in, but there is no longer a box at the bottom of the thread to post a reply in, which made me think I have somehow become logged out, this is despite my still being able to see the 'threads I'm on' box.

However, I can't see any way of logging in......

Anyone with similar problems? The desktop site is fine.

ginny Tue 19-Jun-18 11:47:29

Yes, I'm having exactly the same problem.

gillybob Tue 19-Jun-18 12:05:15

Me too. I’ve posted on the thread that says all is now working because it isn’t ! I’ve emailed HQ too but no reply.

Lona Tue 19-Jun-18 12:06:56

Yes, me too. The very bottom of the page ,where it says "desk top" or "mobile site" is just covered by the green banner across with the options for 'active' etc too.

aggie Tue 19-Jun-18 12:07:38

I had to fire up the laptop to join in here , I usually catch up on the Kindle

NatashaGransnet (GNHQ) Tue 19-Jun-18 12:13:03

Hi all,

Sorry about the difficulty you're having using Gransnet today. We're aware of the problems with our mobile site and, rest assured, our tech team are currently working to resolve this issue.

br0adwater Tue 19-Jun-18 17:25:23

I hope it's fixed soon. I'm just about managing with the desktop version on my little tablet but it's really clunky.

There would be many more complaining, if the could only get access to do so!

hildajenniJ Tue 19-Jun-18 19:10:25

To get on to the desktop site, I had to open a new tab and type the web address, www.gransnet.com. I then managed to get on to the desktop site, otherwise I'd have been stuck with the mobile site which is still not fixed.

grannyticktock Tue 19-Jun-18 22:20:27

Same problem here.On my tablet I was getting the faulty mobile site and was unable to make posts. I have now gone on to the desktop site, which works fine for me although it's a little slower.

Nana3 Tue 19-Jun-18 23:18:26

Same fault for me, I guess the tech team have gone home to bed now.

ninathenana Tue 19-Jun-18 23:26:05

Same here.
However, there is another thread where some are saying they haven't had a problem with the mobile site. Also someone said the layout hadn't changed.
It has on my android phone and my Kindle.
I really don't like the desktop site.
I have e-mailed HQ and had a reply saying tech are dealing with it.

FarNorth Tue 19-Jun-18 23:54:38

Luckily for me, I prefer the desktop site but I had been using the mobile site for a while until I ran into these problems.

BlueBelle Wed 20-Jun-18 06:04:00

Nina nothing has changed on my iPad or iPhone just the same as normal and still have the mobile on Its so strange that it effects some and not others I don’t get it

BlueBelle Wed 20-Jun-18 06:04:44

Also the layout is exactly the same

gillybob Wed 20-Jun-18 06:11:20

Is it mainly effecting iPhones ?

BlueBelle Wed 20-Jun-18 06:24:25

I use an iPhone and an iPad Gillybob both are as normal

gillybob Wed 20-Jun-18 06:31:24

Very strange isn’t it BlueBelle ? My iPad is fine but iPhone won’t work unless I use desktop which is impossible.

kittylester Wed 20-Jun-18 06:43:35

I gave to use the Desktop site on my Android. I can't bookmark. It makes reading and posting hardwork and too time consuming to do as often as usual.

Marmight Wed 20-Jun-18 06:53:35

Been like this for a couple of days - I thought it was just me! I'm on Android and don't like using Desktop at all... Very frustrating. I have cranked up the old iPad to find out what's going on but don't like using it as it keeps freezing.

seacliff Wed 20-Jun-18 07:18:00

Yes my android is like it too. If you scroll right down past all the forum subjects, then I find my Active posts. Very annoying.

grannyqueenie Wed 20-Jun-18 08:07:52

iPad is ok but I can’t get the site to work in my iPhone, I too thought it was just me!

Anniebach Wed 20-Jun-18 08:17:43

I use two iPads, yesterday this one was as usual the other newer one suddenly changed , can’t read it , don’t understand it ,realy dislike it.

ginny Wed 20-Jun-18 08:31:03

Still not able to use my iphone to post.

aggie Wed 20-Jun-18 08:33:29

Ki found the desktop button on the kindle , so posting again smile

aggie Wed 20-Jun-18 08:35:11

No idea where the K came from !