Gransnet forums

Site stuff

Are you missing out?

(38 Posts)

GNHQ have commented on this thread. Read here.

LaraGransnet (GNHQ) Wed 01-Aug-18 12:12:16

Do you want to know what people are talking about on the forums?
A preview of our new competitions?
The latest style and beauty tips?
Health advice?
Delicious recipes?
Book giveaways?

We know most of you are signed up to receive the Gransnet daily newsletter but for those of you who aren't (or aren't sure), make sure your box is ticked here

It's free and you can unsubscribe at any time.

BlueBelle Wed 01-Aug-18 15:50:07

I be signed up twice now but never received it Can’t be bothered to do it again

NatashaGransnet (GNHQ) Wed 01-Aug-18 16:49:24

Hi Bluebelle,

Sorry to hear you've not received the newsletter.

Please could you try looking in your spam and other folders in your email inbox incase they are in there?

Please let us know if not and we will look into this for you.

smile

Charleygirl Wed 01-Aug-18 18:11:51

I changed my email address ages ago but GNHQ are still using my old one so that is useless.

Chewbacca Wed 01-Aug-18 18:53:49

I've signed up for this ages ago but I've never received any newsletter either. I've checked that my email address is correct too. confused

LauraGransnet (GNHQ) Wed 01-Aug-18 19:40:09

Charleygirl, you'll be able to change your email address in My Gransnet - let us know if you have problems though.

Chewbacca, looks like you're still set to receive our newsletter. Have you checked your junk/spam folder?

BlueBelle Wed 01-Aug-18 20:54:55

I get emails from you if I report anything so no they don’t go in my spam and I have double checked in case Just never received it I m afraid

kittylester Fri 03-Aug-18 08:29:51

I get the Newsletter every day but I don't think it is as good as it used to be. I can't quite say why except it seems more rushed and less friendly. I used to love the quote of the day and am still disappointed when it's not there.

I know that isn't what you asked - sorry.

BlueBelle Fri 03-Aug-18 12:03:22

Well no one seems to be rushing to tell me why I don’t receive it ar all ?

AlieOxon Fri 03-Aug-18 12:47:21

I didn't sign up - but I get it. It's often interesting.

LauraGransnet (GNHQ) Fri 03-Aug-18 17:17:03

Hi Bluebelle - we can see that you're signed up, so it might be that your email provider is blocking our newsletter email address. Could you please add [email protected] to your safe senders list?

Charleygirl Fri 03-Aug-18 17:57:38

Laura,
I ma having mega problems changing my email address.

BlueBelle Fri 03-Aug-18 17:58:53

I ve never used a safe sender list how do I go about that ? and why would I get other emails from Gransnet I get an email if I ve got a new inbox message I get an email if I report anything and I get ad hoc emails telling me about some thread or other so it can’t be my provider blocking it can it LauraGransnet ?

BlueBelle Sun 05-Aug-18 06:05:46

There seems no consistency in this thread after asking and answering the question in Aug 1st it’s now Aug 5th and I m no further forward
I ve signed up twice
I ve never received a newsletter
It doesn’t go into my junk or spam folder
There is NO provider blockage as Gransnet posts are all received safely and regularly EXCEPT the newsletter
Look forward to hearing from you soon

LauraGransnet (GNHQ) Mon 06-Aug-18 09:59:55

Hi BlueBelle. We've just sent you an email. Hope to get this resolved.

Charleygirl - sorry to hear this. Could you please mail us at [email protected] and tell us about the error message you're receiving?

Chewbacca Mon 06-Aug-18 10:29:57

I'm exactly the same as BlueBell. I get pm's via GN, emails of recent and new threads and emails to confirm anything reported. But never get the newsletter. I've checked junk folders but there's nothing there. confused

LauraGransnet (GNHQ) Mon 06-Aug-18 10:48:25

Hi Chewbacca - please add [email protected] to your safe senders list. PM notifications etc come from a different address.

BlueBelle Mon 06-Aug-18 11:17:38

I don’t have a safe senders list ir know what one is ? as I ve said in answer to your email
I don’t normally have any trouble with emails they either go straight to my inbox or if they are suspicious into my junk/ spam there is nothing from Gransnet newsletter in ANY of my boxes

Chewbacca Mon 06-Aug-18 12:19:05

Again, ditto BlueBelle.
I'm giving up now.

LauraGransnet (GNHQ) Mon 06-Aug-18 12:49:19

Hi Chewbacca. You are set to receive them and are receiving them, but your email provider could potentially be blocking our emails. You can find the blocked email addresses under the 'Settings' tab and rectify this. Do get in touch at our contactus email address if you have further issues and we'll resolve them there.

Bluebelle, we've just sent you another email.

BlueBelle Mon 06-Aug-18 15:00:56

Well I ve solved it Chewbacca What I thought we’re alerts to certain threads ( just a few words to attract you to a thread ) is actually the newsletter I took these to be alerts to an interesting (or not) thread and if I ve already read the thread I ve just put them straight in my trash can BUT these ARE the newsletters when you click on them and open up them fully
Now wouldn’t you expect the headline in your mail box to read Newsletter ! Well I did anyway
I wonder if it’s the sam e for you ?

Chewbacca Mon 06-Aug-18 15:20:45

Well bugger me days BlueBelle, you're right!grin I've also been looking for something called "Newsletter" and so disregarded the alerts to new threads.

GNHQ would it not be better to entitle your newsletter emails as Newsletter?

NfkDumpling Mon 06-Aug-18 20:57:09

How do I access my account to change my details on my iPad? I hoped by signing up for the newsletter it would bring all my account up, but nooo!

Blinko Tue 07-Aug-18 11:26:01

Chewy and Blue Belle for info, it does say at the bottom, If you enjoy the GN Newsletter, why not forward it to a friend…. wink

BlueBelle Tue 07-Aug-18 16:02:04

Thank you Blinko but that’s not really relevant you have to open it to see that line The fact was I thinkChewbacca and myself had only seen a few words showing in our mailbox and if those three words didn’t interested us ir if we’d already read the thread we didn’t open it but presume it was an alert to one particular thread and binned it without opening it
If it came into our box with the title Thursdays Newsletter for instance I would automatically open it If it showed with ‘ Car wouldn’t start today’ I d bin it
Get me