Gransnet forums

Site stuff

Come on HQ!!

(128 Posts)
kittylester Sun 30-Dec-18 09:09:27

The site is just getting ridiculous - please be more pro-active. I am at the point of giving up altogether.

Eloethan Sun 20-Jan-19 00:14:03

I'm only on Gransnet for about twenty minutes a day now so don't know what nastiness has occurred. Frankly, if I feel people are saying something untoward I say so and leave it at that. It wouldn't make me leave the site.

Elegran Sat 19-Jan-19 21:54:58

And if you still don't get the message telling you how to reset your password, go to www.gransnet.com/member/Page and check that your email preference to let you receive emails is still ticked.

RachellaGransnet (GNHQ) Sat 19-Jan-19 21:20:20

Nelliemoser we're afraid that, because of data protection rules, we can't see your password so we aren't able to email it to you.

We can, however, send you instructions on how to reset your password. I've just sent you a private email with the instructions.

I hope this works for you. Please do let us know if you run into difficulties and we'll be happy to help.

Nelliemoser Sat 19-Jan-19 18:33:07

Its a long time since I have seen a good GN row or "disagreement "
All this "todo" and my wretched new Galaxy tablet will still not synchronsise with my tablet.

I have tried and tried. Still no gransnet on my tablet. I cant even get a row as I can't get GN on my tablet.
And you think you have problems with GN.
wink The new password they keep promising to send on email, has still not arrived in my mail box. You know what it is GNHQ it's been on here since 2012.

kittylester Sun 30-Dec-18 21:04:07

I'm not sure anyone should post in a derogatory manner even if someone has posted on a thread, grandad.

Jalima1108 Sun 30-Dec-18 20:07:27

You can never be sure what you may find underfoot
hmm

merlotgran Sun 30-Dec-18 20:04:49

Thankfully not, lemon. grin

lemongrove Sun 30-Dec-18 20:01:26

Merlot grin did you find anything?

lemongrove Sun 30-Dec-18 20:00:11

No Gonegirl let’s not have that thread back.
I agree Grandad43 that members should not have mentioned you in a derogatory way when you weren’t even posting on the thread.
Things have gone pear shaped recently on here.Nobody can trust other posters and what they say.

merlotgran Sun 30-Dec-18 19:57:05

I spent most of the morning trying to avoid my husband's underfoot.

He was convinced he had a splinter in his big toe. Insisted I prod around with the tweezers. hmm

Grandad1943 Sun 30-Dec-18 19:54:05

Thank you notentirelyallhere. However, fail to understand why any forum member would wish to post in a derogatory manner in regard to another member who has not even posted in that thread.

However, when members act in the above, is it any wonder that persons come on this forum and open threads that do nothing more than take the p*ss out of this whole forum.

And then some regular member complain about THEIR behaviour.

Gonegirl Sun 30-Dec-18 19:52:04

Can't believe poppy's thread has been deleted! It had such potential. ie, "How to avoid underfoot husbands".

Bring our thread back!

Marydoll Sun 30-Dec-18 19:49:06

It has indeed, Granddad..and not before time. angry

notentirelyallhere Sun 30-Dec-18 19:41:33

Grandad1943, I think it's been deleted, it was getting rather nasty. confused

Grandad1943 Sun 30-Dec-18 19:35:01

I have information that my name has been used in derogatory terms on a thread without me even posting on that thread.

I believe the thread title was in regard to retirement or similar. Therefore, can anyone inform me as to where I would find that thread as I would wish to witness what has been stated in regard to myself?

Nonnie Sun 30-Dec-18 18:09:43

Oh Kitty I think I may have been on here even longer than you and I still don't spot them! Perhaps I don't care enough? I do agree we should make it obvious that this is an open forum and that if posters give too much information they may be 'outed' and regret it. However, unless it is personal I just leave the threads and if we all did that the troublemakers would give up. A very different matter if it is personal though.

kittylester Sun 30-Dec-18 18:02:07

nonnie, apart from the general upset caused there are new people who post things they might not have done had they known. And, I might ignore a 'troll' post but that doesn't mean a new poster would so the post rolls on and on taking others in as well. That's not fair and we should be looking out for each other.

Nonnie Sun 30-Dec-18 17:43:53

sodapop I agree that "We are adults and surely able to deal with disagreements" but this thread and another make it clear we are not.

sodapop Sun 30-Dec-18 17:24:13

I think HQ is very inconsistent about posts they choose to delete. On one hand they treat us like children deleting posts in case it turns into a 'bun fight ' - really ? We are adults and surely able to deal with disagreements. On the other hand some unpleasant things or fake posters are not deleted.
Not everyone will respond in the way we expect but surely that is what stops things being bland and boring.

Nonnie Sun 30-Dec-18 17:09:15

I've only read the first two pages of this thread so sorry if I am saying anything already said.

I have to put a different point of view, based upon my experiences here for several years.

1) If I don't like a thread I leave it.
2) I have been accused of saying things I didn't say by people who have 'interpreted' what I say. I have asked twice for an explanation or apology and if it is not forthcoming I leave the thread.
3) Just like I TV programme, if I don't like it I switch if off.
4) If a toddler misbehaves they usually stop when they don't get attention. That imo is what we should do when we think someone is a troll or is being provocative.
5) Not everyone is good at putting things into words so maybe we should be a little tolerant and give them a chance to explain if we are not sure whether they are making a serious point or not.
6) HQ can be lenient with the rules. I reported a thread because it was about a thread and they mailed me and explained why they wanted it to continue.

I think that is enough. I just hope everyone is feeling a little more tolerant in 2019.

Now perhaps I should go and hide?

Lisagran Sun 30-Dec-18 15:37:42

EllaKeat grin

EllaKeat Sun 30-Dec-18 15:29:23

Oh no Lisagran, i am not laying blame. I just thought it was a perfect example of different styles of posting and responses.

Lisagran Sun 30-Dec-18 15:26:18

EllaKeat - the thread you mentioned (Husband home for 2 weeks) took an unpleasant turn due to the OPs first responses surely? The OP wasn’t exactly responding in a light hearted way?

Jalima1108 Sun 30-Dec-18 15:25:55

EllaKeat I think I posted recently that when I joined I posted what I thought were a couple of reasonable posts but was left stinging and feeling very stupid by one or two posters (not on here now, I should add!). Then I thought - 'they don't know me and I don't know them, so I am not bothered'.

I wondered whether to stay but decided I would and post a few innocuous thoughts on non-controversial threads, then joined in some of the political threads - but have retreated from those in the main!

It has got rather peculiar lately, probably because of some very strange threads started by new OPs which probably are best ignored in fact.

EllaKeat Sun 30-Dec-18 15:23:14

GrannyGravy13 thank you ?