Gransnet forums

Site stuff

Deleted PMs - This is important

(255 Posts)
MawBroon Mon 18-Feb-19 20:59:54

I was concerned to find that some of my private messages around 20 December last year have disappeared, apparently “deleted at user request”.
Well I certainly did not delete them so the question is “which user” ?
How can anybody interfere with private messages- I thought the clue was in the name.
Izabella Annodomini and Lemongrove might like to check theirs too.
Coincidentally they were generally on the same topic.
Is Big Brother not only watching us but censoring our mail?
I take a dim view of this breach of confidentiality if that is indeed the case .

BlueBelle Thu 28-Feb-19 07:52:00

RachelGransNet thank you, it may not be a security problem I didn’t actually expect it to be BUT it could cause tension or even upset between posters if someone suddenly finds their messages deleted, I went over and over in my head what I could have said to make the receipent delete my message I thought I d offender her, I asked and I hadn’t but some people may be too concerned to ask
And secondly the message clearly says DELETED AT POSTERS REQUEST but that’s completely untrue we are not asking for these posts to be deleted

The good news is it hasnt happened to me since MawBroon started this thread

If a poster leaves cannot the message be ‘Poster has left GN’

Persistentdonor Thu 28-Feb-19 17:03:48

She tells me she knows nothing about it, and has not deleted anything, so why ALL of hers, but not others' are gone I have no idea.

BlueBelle Thu 28-Feb-19 17:31:47

The same happened with myself and others persistent

EllanVannin Thu 28-Feb-19 18:09:55

Not only were my pm's deleted----------but the whole of my emails plus my email address vanished ! The whole structure of my email page is knackered. I can neither send nor receive any.