Gransnet forums

Site stuff

Competitions

(18 Posts)
quizqueen Sun 13-Oct-19 22:08:07

I received one of the books from gransnet to review, which turned out to be one of the best stories I've ever read. I have also been chosen to review an 'in home trial' product recently.

On other sites for (taking surveys) I have also recently won amazon vouchers for £250 and £50. Over the years, I have been a keen competition entrant, mainly composing slogans, for all sorts of companies, and have won a car, 3 holidays - USA, Cyprus and South Africa, and many other smaller prizes. You've 'gorra be in it to win it'.

From my experience, I think all competitions are genuine and it's just sour grapes when people say they don't win.

Bathsheba Sun 13-Oct-19 21:55:50

I've won a few prizes - books, a set of pans, an iPad mini. You've not been lucky so far H1954, that's all. But check the 'won anything?' thread and you'll see plenty of prizewinners - they're definitely all genuine competitions!

eGJ Sun 13-Oct-19 21:50:03

I won a weekend at Bluestone National Park resort in Pembrokeshire six years ago! The grandchildren and my daughter so enjoyed it so much that I have to take them back every year since!

SarahGransnet (GNHQ) Sun 13-Oct-19 21:39:35

So lovely to hear so many of you enjoying your prizes smile

kittylester Sun 13-Oct-19 20:24:58

I had a Fortnum and Mason hamper delivered last week.

I have also won a picture which hangs over the bed, a self catering stay in north Wales and a couple of toys and children's books!

Marydoll Sun 13-Oct-19 20:09:51

I was delighted to win a few books, both adult and children's.
Last week I received an unexpected book in the post and thought I must have forgotten that I had entered a competition.
It was a surprise from my SIL! grin

Cherrytree59 Sun 13-Oct-19 19:10:05

I have been very lucky and won several books, including some children's books which were much appreciated by my grandchildren. smile

Harris27 Sun 13-Oct-19 19:02:29

What a lovely prize mumofmadboys. Flowers delivered every month bliss!

mumofmadboys Sun 13-Oct-19 18:59:33

I won a book and a monthly delivery of flowers for six months. The last ones are due to arrive tomorrow. That has been a lovely prize! Thank you GN.

Harris27 Sun 13-Oct-19 18:53:17

I’ve won a few books and some lovely Elemis products from gransnet . Lovely!

SarahGransnet (GNHQ) Sun 13-Oct-19 16:33:50

Hi H1954

We're sorry to hear that you think we would offer a competition on here that wasn't genuine! I can assure you that all competitions on Gransnet and all promotions are entirely genuine and not just that, but they are also carefully planned months in advance. We only ever choose to partner with companies that offer prizes we believe are of interest to our users, or books you might enjoy.

We post all winners names on the Won Anything thread in the competitions forum and all winners are contacted by email too.

As we've previously said on the Won Anything thread, just because you don't recognise the name of a winner, doesn't mean they aren't a regular Gransnet user. We have over 300,000 users on Gransnet - many of whom never post on the forums but choose instead to enjoy the content or read the threads.

Our competitions receive thousands of entries. However, giveaways like the monthly book club receive a lot less, so some regular entrants may find that they are drawn more than once. In all cases, winners and runners-up are drawn at random.

We hope this allays any concerns - and, of course, best of luck with any future entries flowers

Pittcity Sun 13-Oct-19 10:51:03

I used to win occasionally and got a book club book every month....not any more.
GN has grown in numbers and the chances of winning are far fewer...sad

joannapiano Sun 13-Oct-19 09:45:33

I won last month. A book and £100 voucher. Cheered up the awful year we are having!

Charleygirl5 Sun 13-Oct-19 09:36:22

It is very rare I recognise a name when I look at the "won anything" thread. Many people enter just to win prizes. I think it nice to see a name or two I recognise who has won something.

I won a pile of books a couple of years ago but zilch since. The odd cheque for £300 would be really useful.

MamaCaz Sun 13-Oct-19 09:04:04

Yes, I have won a few.

The winners' names are usually announced on a 'Won Anything?' thread on the Competitions forum, but winners are contacted by email too. Although I did miss out one one prize because I missed the announcement (saw it about six months later!) and wasn't contacted!

tanith Sun 13-Oct-19 09:03:28

I did win a blu-Ray player when I first joined Gransnet and then some hair products but nothing for a long time.
It’s unusual that I actually recognise the winners of competitions I’m sure lots of the winners rarely even post on the forums but just join for the competition entry.

Greenfinch Sun 13-Oct-19 08:58:56

The winners are announced on the thread called Won Anything ?but like you I never seem to win anything.

H1954 Sun 13-Oct-19 08:52:02

Has anyone actually won any of the countless competitions that appear on GN? I have entered many of these with absolutely no luck whatsoever but we never, ever get to know who has won! I can't help wondering if they are actually genuine competitions or purely promoted to "draw us in"!