Gransnet forums

Site stuff

GNHQ - please help as can't post at all!

(18 Posts)
JoJoGran Sat 04-Jan-20 22:21:37

Hi!

I'm new here, but it's been most frustrating that while attempting my first post on the last mile I'm being asked to 'Please login first', despite having been logged in and not logging out. I see I'm not the first one to have experienced this problem. Signing out and back in does not solve the problem. And it looks like the system has logged me out each time anyway when I'm on the 'Create new discussion' page, and I could only preview a short test message, as opposed to the actual intended one.

Can you please help?

Thanks very much in advance.

NotSpaghetti Sat 18-Jan-20 06:30:41

Have you tried clearing cookies and starting again?

Jane10 Sat 18-Jan-20 06:59:47

But you've managed to post this!

Marydoll Sat 18-Jan-20 08:20:26

Well spotted, Jane ?

Not only should you clear the cookies, but try rebooting your device and then try again.

Pittcity Sat 18-Jan-20 09:47:50

I started a new thread and when I pressed "create" the words "Access Denied......" flashed up briefly but the OP was created. A blip methinks.

Calendargirl Sat 18-Jan-20 10:47:47

I experienced this problem the other night, kept saying I had to login, but was already logged in. Sorted itself later in the evening, but very annoying.

Elegran Sat 18-Jan-20 10:48:49

What did you do differently to get THIS thread started, JoJo? It seems to have worked fine here.

If you still have trouble, report your own starting post to Gransnet (a report button is in the heading of each post) and describe what happens.

I am assuming that you did put in your password without any mistakes?

Elegran Sat 18-Jan-20 10:50:12

Just seen that the opening post was two weeks ago - no more posts from JoJo since then. It has probably all settled down by now.

Maggiemaybe Sun 19-Jan-20 00:02:57

I’m having trouble on my mobile, I don’t know if it’s connected. I’m having to sign in every time, despite having stay logged in ticked. No problem when I’m on my desktop though. I’m hoping it’s just a temporary blip.

CariGransnet (GNHQ) Sun 19-Jan-20 09:06:07

Hi Jojo - the fact you have posted here hopefully means the issue is resolved - any more problems please email us at [email protected] and we can take a look.

Maggiemaybe Sun 19-Jan-20 12:23:14

You’ve sorted my problem out with an email, GNHQ, thank you! Somehow I’d managed to switch on private browsing, without meaning to. blush

etheltbags1 Sun 26-Jan-20 20:34:16

I haven't been able to post for ages, I can post on my tablet as I'm doing today but on my phone which I use more often I can only read posts, I keep being asked to add my password which I've long forgotten, I am using an old email address which I'm closing soon. I don't know what to do. Help.

Marydoll Mon 27-Jan-20 19:59:59

etheltbags I was trying to see if there was a reset password facility on GN. If so you could do that and then log back onto all your devices with the one password. I just can't see where to do it.

Changing password won't work, as it asks for your current password. You could try asking GNHQ to help.
Good luck!

Maggiemaybe Tue 28-Jan-20 09:19:47

ethel, I wonder if you’ve switched on private browsing by mistake, as I did? On my phone the top bar, that just says gransnet.com was a dark grey with white writing when in private mode and I was logged out every time I left the site.

Maggiemaybe Tue 28-Jan-20 09:27:58

To get out of it on my iPhone, I clicked on the icon at the bottom right that looks like two sheets of paper, then clicked on Private, that was highlighted on the left, to un-highlight it (you can tell I’m very technically-minded, can’t you? grin). Back to normal as if by magic.

spottssr Wed 05-Feb-20 16:37:29

I cannot post, have been trying valiantly on the Good Evening chat.

NatashaGransnet (GNHQ) Wed 05-Feb-20 17:26:34

Hi all,

Can you try logging in using this link: www.gransnet.com/session/login, using your email address and password. If you tick the 'keep me logged in' box, this should resolve the problem for you. There's also a password reset link under the password box if you need it.

Once you're logged in, you can change your email address on this page: www.gransnet.com/member/registration-details.

Hope this helps! smile

Elegran Wed 05-Feb-20 17:49:09

spottssr You succeeded in posting on this thread. Could you succeed on another by doing whatever you did here?