Gransnet forums

Site stuff

Please may I ask WHY?

(25 Posts)
phoenix Thu 05-Mar-20 15:31:51

So many threads are stateside under the AIBU heading, that have no relevance at all to that thread category? confused

The only reason I can think of is that it's the first one on the list!

phoenix Thu 05-Mar-20 15:32:48

"Sateside" ??? I'm sure I typed "started"

MerylStreep Thu 05-Mar-20 15:44:07

I wondered that. There's a post about ancient jewellery on the AIBU. I kept reading to see what was un-reasonable about it.
There never was ?

phoenix Thu 05-Mar-20 16:41:39

There's quite a few of them dotted about!

Baggs Thu 05-Mar-20 16:44:17

I don't think it's worth bothering HQ about this. It's not as if they'll have time to sift through and move stuff to more appropriate forums.

Think of it as good for shrug practice ?

Namsnanny Thu 05-Mar-20 16:59:58

I've always assumed they just don't understand the acronym, so as its the first on the list of suggested forums (under A) they pop their post there!

Namsnanny Thu 05-Mar-20 17:02:07

Can I ask phoenix do you choose the posts you read by the grouping>

I just read in a chronological order, missing out those I don't like eg 'games'.

kittylester Thu 05-Mar-20 17:14:56

I do what you do namsnanny but I am aware of the heading as I do avoid the games.

I agree phoenix!

phoenix Thu 05-Mar-20 17:50:45

Baggs no intention of bothering HQ, just an observation really.

Namsnanny, like kitty I tend to read in chronological order (and, like you don't bother with certain topics) but I do tend to have a look at "AIBU" posts so that I can see if they are being unreasonable!

CherryCezzy Thu 05-Mar-20 18:23:41

I saw the jewellery one and wondered whether it was reasonable for it to be there but as a newbie who am I to say confused

Chewbacca Thu 05-Mar-20 18:26:22

Don't know if it's the same thing but, over on MN, posters admit to putting their posts on AIBU because they're assured of a response because there's more traffic on the AIBU threads, rather than chat.

CherryCezzy Thu 05-Mar-20 18:31:46

Could be Chewbacca

phoenix Thu 05-Mar-20 19:05:07

Ah, the plot thickens!

Doodle Thu 05-Mar-20 19:12:15

I wondered for a minute if we’d been invaded by Americans but now I see it was an autocorrect error. ?.
I very seldom read the AIBU threads (took me a long time to figure out what it meant). Sometimes funny, mostly posters wanting others to agree with their opinions.
I always try and spot a phoenix thread though as they usually guarantee a laugh. ?

annep1 Thu 05-Mar-20 19:13:34

I usually check "I'm on" posts. Then "Last day"
During the night I look at "last hour" to see who else is posting in the wee small hours.
I rarely check according to headings unless I'm looking for something specific like Netflix recommendations.

phoenix Thu 05-Mar-20 19:30:20

Doodle thank you for your kind words, and sorry to disappoint on this occasion!

Baggs Thu 05-Mar-20 20:33:40

Oh, I see, phoenix. It's just that HQ have said to flag things up on the "Site Stuff" forum because they will always look there in case there are problems they need to know about. I tend to think of Site Stuff as only for things one wants HQ to respond to.

But p'raps they've been busy eating birthday cale today.

Baggs Thu 05-Mar-20 20:33:59

*cake !

Doodle Thu 05-Mar-20 20:36:50

Not at all phoenix. There is time yet ?

kircubbin2000 Thu 05-Mar-20 20:39:59

I dont find this site user friendly.I read forums,active posts only. Never know how or where to start a new one.

CherryCezzy Thu 05-Mar-20 20:42:13

Cafe's rebirth Baggs ?

phoenix Thu 05-Mar-20 20:53:25

Ah, Baggs must have missed that one!

Doodle you may have a bit of a wait, unless you want to hear (possibly again?) about how I sh%t myself in Lidls car park, or how I nearly performed a leg amputation on Oliver Sprout this morning while letting him in through the kitchen window.

Or how I've decided that the curtains I was trying in the bedroom might be more suited to the sitting room of an elderly lady in the 1970/1980's.

And that Minnie seems to have developed some rather odd behaviour, which leads her to decide that I am definitely a potential cat murderer, leading her to dash up the stairs like a whopper on steroids, scattering rugs in her small but perfectly formed wake.

Other than that, all pretty boring, really.

phoenix Thu 05-Mar-20 20:54:58

"Whopper"?? I typed WHIPPET!

Damn you, auto correct!

annep1 Thu 05-Mar-20 21:10:20

Kircubbin

Tap on Forum. Choose the heading - AIBU, Chat etc that you wish to use. Then an orange box will appear at the top which says Start a New Discussion.

Doodle Thu 05-Mar-20 23:13:35

See what I mean phoenix. All I had to do was wait and there you go with your whopper on steroids. ?. Oooh I’ve come over all unnecessary. ? talking of whoppers, you should see the picture Galen recently posted in the kitchen (not suitable for those of a nervous disposition. ?