Gransnet forums

Site stuff

Lurkers' week tip of the day: Posting photos - add yours to win!

(61 Posts)
NatashaGransnet (GNHQ) Tue 10-Mar-20 10:20:07

Did you know...you can post photos on Gransnet threads?

And to get you started, today we're asking you to upload an image of your favourite mug to this thread...I'll kick things off with mine. grin We'll be giving someone who posts a photo on this thread a spot prize too! brew

Here's how to post a photo...

Whether you are starting a new thread or posting on an existing one, under the box where you type your message, you will find an option that says 'Images:'. Next to this are three 'Choose file' buttons. Simply click on one of the buttons, select the file you would like to upload from your computer, and then it'll be added to the post.

If you change your mind, you can delete the file by clicking on the 'Remove image' text.

As with any post, you can click 'Preview message', so you can see what your post with photos will look like before you publish on site, and make any changes you want. When you are happy to post, click 'Post message'.

Let us know if you get stuck! flowers

grandmac Wed 18-Mar-20 12:29:10

Want2Help thanks

Thank you for that. Its a different shape but the sentiment is the same. I think a lot of us are living in our own worlds now!
Stay safe, stay well everyone.

LynW Fri 13-Mar-20 22:17:40

Wow! Thank you so much. Look forward to it.

ShewhomustbeEbayed Thu 12-Mar-20 18:17:30

This is my favourite mug, from my DD, I love it.

Madmaggie Wed 11-Mar-20 20:06:42

Yep, this is a fair description of me when the knitting bug strikes ?

Madmaggie Wed 11-Mar-20 19:18:33

Here's one I love ?

Wendy Wed 11-Mar-20 18:15:34

I find a mug is too big for me. I only drink half. I would rather have two cups.

Auntieflo Wed 11-Mar-20 16:25:01

Oh *#**, and I was just going to post a pic!

CariGransnet (GNHQ) Wed 11-Mar-20 11:53:49

A fabulous selection of mugs. We've picked one post at random to win a book prize...so congratulations LynW - you'll get an email from us soon!

Tillybelle Wed 11-Mar-20 11:20:11

Maybelater2020. That is a wonderful photo!!! My dogs just leap around or start walking towards me when I try to take their picture. You must be so much in love with her/him!!

Tillybelle Wed 11-Mar-20 11:17:40

Sorry, it was a typo it should of course say:
"Must of = you're (see above) an idiot.
The (see above) on the mug refers to the list of possession versus abbreviation, e.g. Your = denotes possession, You're = abbreviation: you are.
I am having trouble using the keyboard again today. I get migraines as I've said before, Sorry.

Tillybelle Wed 11-Mar-20 11:10:56

I am rather mad. I will take ages choosing which mug is right for me... I also choose for my friends and family, usually very lovely ones but I do have one... It is for when I am with an annoying and arrogant person whose speech ("somethink") and grammar are grating. I use it and hold it up before her, it says: "I am silently correcting your grammar". I give her the one that teaches her grammar and at the end of the list says "Must of" = your an idiot.
Probably my most appropriate says "Crazy Dog Lady".
But I really do get urges to use different mugs at different times and I really have a bond with them! Today it is different finches on branches. Am I mad?

imacmum Wed 11-Mar-20 09:48:24

Here’s mine, had to finish my tea first to post this smile it’s my favourite because the tea looks appealing in that colour mug. Wish I could find some more like it, this was a charity shop find

Mcbab Wed 11-Mar-20 07:56:26

Here is my favourite mug. It is a Queens fine China mug given to me by my daughter. I had an aunt who would only drink her tea from fine china and I used to think she was a fuss pot but about 14 years ago I became a convert! The mug is exactly the right size, small enough that the tea stays hot until the end drop. And, full confession, I bring it with me when I go to stay with my son in USA. I’m sure they think I’m a fuss pot ?

Want2Help Wed 11-Mar-20 07:41:22

Granmac I've just found this on etsy.com (hope it's similar at least) cafe

littleowl Wed 11-Mar-20 06:57:20

My Spode snowman Christmas Mug. I use it all year round and I love it.

susieq3 Wed 11-Mar-20 00:29:08

This mug has followed me around from Herefordshire to France and back to Kent.
It’s Royal Doulton “Lambeth ware “ I have had it for twenty years.

LadyKathleen Tue 10-Mar-20 22:35:09

Maybelater2020 I love it! He/she reminds me of our little Havanese named Pepper!

LadyKathleen Tue 10-Mar-20 22:32:29

When drinking my coffee on a chilly Seattle morning, this mug reminds me of the warm, balmy breezes of Maui.

Janetashbolt Tue 10-Mar-20 20:54:44

Left one I nicked from my last job, the other was a Mothering Sunday gift from my daughters. As we put them in the dishwasher the patterns are wearing off

grandmac Tue 10-Mar-20 20:47:24

I can’t post photo as I broke my most favouritist mug a while back. It was exactly the right shape for coffee and said on the said “ I live in my own world, but it’s alright, they know me here”. Haven’t been able to find a replacement.

angie95 Tue 10-Mar-20 19:15:22

This is my favourite mug X

annifrance Tue 10-Mar-20 18:39:07

Can't manage a photo, but one wedding present that we received after 21 years together, was a pair of mugs. One said Mr Right, the other said Mrs Always Right!! Perfect! We use them for the Bed Tea delivered to my side of the bed every morning!

Maybelater2020 Tue 10-Mar-20 18:23:40

This is my favourite mug shot

kelleensc Tue 10-Mar-20 18:23:25

My favorite one is from the Harry Potter section at the Universal Studios Theme Park in Florida. It describes me to a T.

cuppatea Tue 10-Mar-20 17:58:39

favourite mug - as I've always been a fan of the Far Side cartoons