Gransnet forums

Site stuff

Highlighting all OP posts, as on Mumsnet

(59 Posts)
Maggiemaybe Wed 15-Jul-20 08:31:16

There have been calls on here over the years for all posts on a thread by the original poster to be highlighted, as they are on Mumsnet, which makes it easier to follow the progress of the discussion.

Mumsnetters now have the facility to choose to see all posts by the OP at the click of a button, which is even better, imho. It gives users an idea of whether reading the full thread is worth the time and effort. smile

Do others agree that we seem to be falling behind here?

Maggiemaybe Thu 16-Jul-20 11:15:49

Watch your back, Lara, you’ve got competition! grin

lemongrove Thu 16-Jul-20 09:27:29

Well......?

Chewbacca Thu 16-Jul-20 09:18:50

You're not angling to get promoted to blue as well are you Lemon? hmm

lemongrove Thu 16-Jul-20 09:01:54

JackyB

Chewbacca

I'm on a Samsung tablet. Only post that's highlighted for me is the Ops first post and thats green. My posts are pink. (I'd prefer blue but I suppose that's out of the question)?

GNHQ's posts are blue!

I’m mainly on ipad and the same for me the top OP in green, my own posts in a pinky colour and all others white only.

Chewbacca Thu 16-Jul-20 08:40:16

GNHQ's posts are blue!

I was just angling for promotion JackyB! grin

JackyB Thu 16-Jul-20 08:13:22

Chewbacca

I'm on a Samsung tablet. Only post that's highlighted for me is the Ops first post and thats green. My posts are pink. (I'd prefer blue but I suppose that's out of the question)?

GNHQ's posts are blue!

Nannylala Wed 15-Jul-20 23:09:49

I have a newish Huawei phone and I see the OP's first post highlighted in green plus all subsequent posts by OP are highlighted in green, makes it much easier to follow the thread x

Bathsheba Wed 15-Jul-20 22:45:03

I’m surprised that others can see all the OP’s posts in green on their iPhones. I only see the first post highlighted, then all my own in pink. Perhaps it’s because my phone’s an old one.

I have an iPhone X, and I only see the first post highlighted. I have never understood why some say they can see all the subsequent posts by the OP highlighted in green. Simply doesn't make sense to me.

MerylStreep Wed 15-Jul-20 19:49:19

Merlotgran
You got it in one ?

Purpledaffodil Wed 15-Jul-20 19:41:15

I only get my posts in pinky mauve and OP in green but subsequent posts in white. I have an iPhone 11, not wealth signalling as someone else said, but old phone battery died and I couldn’t get battery replaced in lockdown . ?

Chewbacca Wed 15-Jul-20 19:40:45

Marydoll Wed 15-Jul-20 19:35:17

Ha, ha I'm on a Samsung and only the OP's first post is in green, as it is on my tablet and PC with different browsers!

I love a good puzzle.?

monk08 Wed 15-Jul-20 19:32:40

I see all ops posts in green. I'm on a Samsung Galaxy.

Galaxy Wed 15-Jul-20 19:21:12

I see all the ops posts in green. I am reasonably sure I am not hallucinating this. I am on a samsung phone.

sodapop Wed 15-Jul-20 19:17:55

A sort of mauvey pink welbeck smile

welbeck Wed 15-Jul-20 16:03:13

Grannybags

Me too Marydoll Only the original post is green the rest are white. All mine show up as pink

same here.
except i would say my posts are mauve, but that's opinion.
strange thing is, that i remember originally being able to see all OP posts picked out in green, until last year sometime i think.
now they are all white. yet i'm using the same ancient laptop.
could it be because it is windows 7, which is now obsolete.
i know nothing about these things.
but it's kinda reassuring to find others also have this experience. i had assumed it was just me with old equipment.

sodapop Wed 15-Jul-20 15:15:48

Thank you Lara

Maggiemaybe Wed 15-Jul-20 14:24:57

Oh, the time I used to waste scrolling down to find the last post I’d read! grin

Maggiemaybe Wed 15-Jul-20 14:23:12

I love the bookmark too. I only discovered it very recently.

DanniRae Wed 15-Jul-20 13:36:43

Meant to say that I also love the "bookmark option" - so useful to find out where you had got up to when you return to a thread.

Lucca Wed 15-Jul-20 13:35:44

The trouble with quote thing is you get the whole quote sometimes too long !

DanniRae Wed 15-Jul-20 13:34:26

Oh! now I know how to use the quote thing. Thank you Lara. May I say that I quite like it being used - no complaints from me smile

Lucca Wed 15-Jul-20 13:07:30

On my tablet all my posts are highlighted but only the OP is in green not any subsequent comments by Original poster. I Agree it would be far more useful than the quote thing.
It is really annoying when someone starts a thread then never reappears. A bit like those posters who refuse to answer questions .......

merlotgran Wed 15-Jul-20 13:00:15

Could the reason that Mumsnet threads are much longer be because they are allowed to run when they get a bit contentious whereas ours are often deleted? hmm

LaraGransnet (GNHQ) Wed 15-Jul-20 12:54:06

Hello, we're listening. We're asking the question and we'll get back to you as soon as we can.

For those who are able to see the OP's subsequent posts highlighted can you let us know what device and what browser you're using? That would be really helpful.

Re the quote facility, it is something that was requested by many users and we were happy we were able to get sorted for them. @sodapop - next to the poster's name there are the options "Add comment. Report. Quote." Click 'Quote' and it should work smile