Gransnet forums

Site stuff

GNHQ, question for you.

(39 Posts)
phoenix Tue 22-Sep-20 22:21:26

So, when you send me an email, please would you be kind enough to explain why I can't reply to it?

I try, but get the postmaster undeliverable message.

NOT HAPPY!

Marydoll Mon 12-Oct-20 20:12:08

Natasha, it always worked for me, as I knew what was wrong. wink

It was those other poor posters, who were getting the undeliverable message that bothered me.
I have made the same error in the past when updating school websites, it's easily done.

NatashaGransnet (GNHQ) Mon 12-Oct-20 19:50:59

Hi Marydoll - thanks for this.

We've removed the full stop from the page so it should work for you now. flowers

Marydoll Mon 12-Oct-20 17:29:31

Lara, when you click on the Contact us link, the email address on the page is written as:
[email protected].
The extra dot renders it undeliverable, unless you remember to remove the dot at the end and address the email to:
[email protected]

That may be why people can't contact you. It happened to me.
Then again, I may be makinga total fool of myself!! blush

NatashaGransnet (GNHQ) Mon 12-Oct-20 17:06:21

Hi Marydoll - thanks for alerting us to this.

Please can you send us the link to the page and we will take a look and unlink the full stop? smile

AnnieGransnet (GNHQ) Sat 10-Oct-20 15:57:22

Marydoll - thanks very much for letting us know, we're looking into this now.

Marydoll Sat 10-Oct-20 14:13:26

There is a problem with the email address at the very bottom of the page, in the Help and Information section, where there is a a hyperlink for contacting GNHQ.

There is a full stop at the end of the address. It says:
[email protected]. which makes the email undeliverable.
If you remove the . the email will send.

BlueBelle Sat 10-Oct-20 06:35:28

Lisagran I use the mobile site always as I use an iPad and I can only use the ‘hide a thread‘ feature if I change to desktop
Are you using a laptop ?and have to change to mobile to use it

If so this is crazy ?

sparklingsilver28 Sat 10-Oct-20 00:31:57

Furret your comment interesting As a relative new Gransnet member, I noticed due to a post of mine being removed, the same abrupt response from Gransnet. Like you I decided if I was going to be accused of something I had not done, I would leave Gransnet well alone. As far as I am concerned, what I write in a thread is what I mean; and if another poster interprets it to mean otherwise it is their problem. Regrettably, there are posters who seem to deliberately take offence at any thing and every thing that does not espouse their view. I would even go so far as to say they deliberately look for something to be offended by.

Furret Wed 23-Sep-20 10:16:51

LaraGransnet

Hi Furret
Are you able to go through the feedback bit? Does that work ok? If you need to carry on the conversation then please email us at contactus and we can do so smile

No it doesn’t work all the time. I was really furious about an accusation from one of your moderators at HQ which was totally inaccurate and very abrupt verging on rudeness. It wouldn’t have been from you because you are far more diplomatic. I typed a long explanation pointing out the facts. When I hit send, I had the same message as phoenix must have got. That was infuriating..

By this time I was too cross to email you and just stayed away from GN for a while.

Lisagran Wed 23-Sep-20 10:11:40

You could hide threads on ‘mobile site’ - but now there’s no option to switch to mobile (from desktop)

Riverwalk Wed 23-Sep-20 10:09:17

LaraGransnet

Hi, I can put that on the list of request features. Riverwalk, I don't remember that being a feature in my time here? But if you've managed a workaround to get that to work, let us know!

You must be having a memory lapse Lara unless you're new in the last few weeks!

Riverwalk Wed 23-Sep-20 10:08:02

A few weeks ago there was a thread whose title made me feel slightly nauseous every time I saw it, but back then I just hid it. Simple.

There is a recent thread with Stillbirth in the title which kept coming to the top of the page as I think it was under 'Ask a gran'. I have no personal experience of this fortunately but I know someone who can't bear to see this word as it's overwhelming for her, even after many years.

We can't be shielded from everything but there should be the option to hide certain threads.

LaraGransnet (GNHQ) Wed 23-Sep-20 10:03:12

Hi, I can put that on the list of request features. Riverwalk, I don't remember that being a feature in my time here? But if you've managed a workaround to get that to work, let us know!

Lisagran Wed 23-Sep-20 09:55:30

Hear, hear, Riverwalk

Riverwalk Wed 23-Sep-20 09:54:01

While we have your attention Lara, can you please advise how to hide particular threads - it used to be possible.

LaraGransnet (GNHQ) Wed 23-Sep-20 09:35:36

Hi Furret
Are you able to go through the feedback bit? Does that work ok? If you need to carry on the conversation then please email us at contactus and we can do so smile

Furret Wed 23-Sep-20 09:23:33

It’s not the contact thread I’ve had problems with Lara. It’s the reply to ‘how did we do’.

LaraGransnet (GNHQ) Wed 23-Sep-20 09:09:46

Hi ?
Not quite a one-woman band wink but it's tricky times for most organisations at the moment including us, that's very true.
Phoenix and anyone else who's had a problem emailing us back, would you mind emailing us on [email protected] for now and letting us know exactly what message you get or what happens when you reply? Any details you have would be great. That shouldn't be happening so we'll take a look (the royal tech 'we') and try sort it out. Thanks smile

Elegran Wed 23-Sep-20 09:08:07

Gransnet was started as an ofshoot of Mumsnet, for older members. Their main corporate business address is identical. It has gone its own way, reflecting differences in interests and attitudes.

Charleygirl5 Wed 23-Sep-20 09:01:57

Lara is the only name I recognise these days.

FannyCornforth Wed 23-Sep-20 08:50:57

Thanks Ele, that's interesting.
Has Gransnet always been affiliated to Mumsnet, or did that come later?

Furret Wed 23-Sep-20 08:47:28

Indeed

Elegran Wed 23-Sep-20 08:46:32

Fanny Lara is the daughter of Geraldine, the founder of Gransnet. She has been here from the start and knows what's what.

Furret Wed 23-Sep-20 08:11:36

Fanny it depends on who you get. A couple of the long-standing moderators are on the ball and very perceptive.

FannyCornforth Wed 23-Sep-20 08:07:53

I got the impression that Lara is a one woman band!