Gransnet forums

Site stuff

Quick question from a Newbie!

(30 Posts)
JustMe Thu 01-Apr-21 07:40:46

When I look at threads the opening post is in green. But if the thread is long, the original poster is not green or any other colour through it, so I often miss what that person has said.

I often look at long threads and don't want to post without reading as much as I can, so would like to read everything from the person who started the thread. Is there any way to highlight all the OP's posts?

I have looked it 'My Gransnet' and can't find a way to do it but I might be missing something.
Thank you.

Lucca Thu 01-Apr-21 07:45:54

You are right and it is something we have wanted for a while!

NanaBabs1 Thu 01-Apr-21 07:46:37

‘tis a bone of long contention on Gransnet I’m afraid! Wouldn’t it be sensible? Welcome anyway. Lots of good threads but a lovely place for getting to recognise some regular users is Mick’s Good morning thread and Soops kitchen.

JustMe Thu 01-Apr-21 08:15:09

Ahhh... it isn't just me not finding it then!

Thank you. I thought it was a setting I'd missed!
smile

Galaxy Thu 01-Apr-21 08:18:19

It depends also on the device you are using. All your posts are in green for me but I am accessing on phone.

Gymstagran Thu 01-Apr-21 08:24:02

If you use the mobile site as opposed to the desktop site the original posters comments will be green throughout the thread. You can swap to mobile site by using the option right at the bottom of the thread.

JustMe Thu 01-Apr-21 08:38:09

I haven't used here on my phone yet and have just tried the mobile site on my laptop. I shall experiment as I didn't find it so easy to find my way around, but it's early days
Thanks everyone

Lucca Thu 01-Apr-21 09:22:19

Doesnt happen on iPad

Greyduster Thu 01-Apr-21 09:25:04

It doesn’t happen on my phone or my iPad.

Ellianne Thu 01-Apr-21 09:30:49

Green for me on phone.

honeyrose Thu 01-Apr-21 09:33:55

JustMe - welcome to Gransnet. It’s great and I love looking at the threads at least once a day. It can be addictive though! I use an iPhone and your threads have come up in green each time. I’m a bit of a technophobe so I can’t explain why it happens for me and not for others so I’m no blooming help at all!

GrannyGravy13 Thu 01-Apr-21 10:07:49

Definitely all OP posts come up as green on my iPhone but not on my iPad or laptop?

EllanVannin Thu 01-Apr-21 10:14:56

I can pick out my own posts because the background shows up a pinky colour. Do everyone's individual posts show up a background colour so that you can find what you've posted, quickly ?

GrandmaKT Thu 01-Apr-21 10:36:29

I just tried changing to mobile site on my laptop, but it still isn't highlighting the OP's post.

Greyduster Thu 01-Apr-21 11:12:19

Perhaps it only does it on later iPhones? Mine is steam driven!

MaizieD Thu 01-Apr-21 11:17:58

Mumsnet has a 'Show all posts by the OP' option available on desktop site. As we're their poor relations we 'might', or might not, eventually get it too. We did get the 'quote' function some time after munsnet did...

Maggiemaybe Thu 01-Apr-21 11:46:47

I’m on the mobile site and an iPhone that hasn’t had its first birthday yet and it doesn’t work for me. I started a thread asking for this once and GNHQ assured us they were looking onto it. There have been several other requests since.

BlueBelle Thu 01-Apr-21 11:57:53

NO folks that is not correct on the mobile devices I use iPhone 7 and iPad Air ONLY the original is in green NOT any subsequent ones

Lucca Thu 01-Apr-21 12:01:46

EllanVannin

I can pick out my own posts because the background shows up a pinky colour. Do everyone's individual posts show up a background colour so that you can find what you've posted, quickly ?

Your own ones, yes.

Lucca Thu 01-Apr-21 12:02:58

BlueBelle

NO folks that is not correct on the mobile devices I use iPhone 7 and iPad Air ONLY the original is in green NOT any subsequent ones

I wish we had that, I often like to see what OP has said in reply....and get really p.....Ed off when they start a 5eead and never bother to return ! Ill mannered IMO.

Ro60 Thu 01-Apr-21 12:14:58

No problem on my kindle either. How odd!

BlueBelle Thu 01-Apr-21 13:00:41

Lucca I m not sure what you are wishing for I don’t see then in green either I only see the original post in green all the rest are white
So what is the common denominator ...iPhone and iPad on mobile site are not in green

Grannynannywanny Thu 01-Apr-21 13:11:20

On my 3 year old iPhone I see the OP and their subsequent posts in green. I see my own posts as pink.

Lucca Thu 01-Apr-21 13:30:39

Blu ebelle I’d like all the OP posts to be in green in order to see quickly any further posts /replies From them

Aldom Thu 01-Apr-21 13:33:56

I always use my phone for GN. Green shows every time for OP and pink for myself.