Gransnet forums

Site stuff

Why are there sometimes only three threads?

(16 Posts)
grandtanteJE65 Mon 31-May-21 11:38:22

Nor sure if threads is the right word, but for quite a while now, there have only been three topics suggested on Saturdays and Sundays, as today Monday 31st May there are again only three.

Why is this?

I much preferred the five or six topics that used to appear daily, it gave a greater variety.

Kamiso Mon 31-May-21 11:43:16

Do you mean where it says “Trending”? There are six on my iPad but half are games which, for me, are a pointless waste of space. I’ve been using “last day” or “last hour” to try and get more variety. I’ve given up quite often recently and explore YouTube instead!

Doodledog Mon 31-May-21 11:49:36

Does it matter which topics are suggested? You can just come to the site and see which ones are there.

I agree that (IMO) there are too many games threads pushing discussions off the first page, but there are usually others that are interesting, and there is nothing stopping you from starting some of your own ?

FannyCornforth Mon 31-May-21 11:51:04

I think that Grandtante is referring to the threads suggested in the daily newsletter email.
Grandtante don't you look at the 'active' list? There's loads of choice there smile

FannyCornforth Mon 31-May-21 11:52:54

Doodledog for heaven's sake - to paraphrase Mr Fawlty - 'Don't mention the games!' shock

Doodledog Mon 31-May-21 12:23:04

FannyCornforth

I think that Grandtante is referring to the threads suggested in the daily newsletter email.
Grandtante don't you look at the 'active' list? There's loads of choice there smile

I know. That's why I suggested just coming here and seeing what is available, or starting threads to add to the non-games ones ?

Que? ?

FannyCornforth Mon 31-May-21 12:25:21

Doodledog grin
I do wish that people would start more threads, - it's very quiet and slow moving recently

Chestnut Mon 31-May-21 12:26:31

I just started one! No takers yet.

H1954 Mon 31-May-21 12:28:18

I often visit Unanswered threads, it's quite interesting to see the topics that no one has bothered with.

FannyCornforth Mon 31-May-21 12:29:33

Ooh, Chestnut I'll go over there now. I promise that I'll comment whatever the subject!
It would be fab if we could agree for once! smile

BlueBelle Mon 31-May-21 12:30:25

doodlebug go on talk about Games let’s say there are toooooooo many taking the oxygen out of my newsfeed
There’s even ‘boys and girls names’ ‘more boys and girls names’ and ‘even more ( bloody) boys and girls names’. sorry I added the bloody
There’s 23 clogging up my newsfeed at the moment and it’s a nuiscence I haven’t got the time or energy to go on a complicated cull

FannyCornforth Mon 31-May-21 12:31:02

Chestnut

I just started one! No takers yet.

I can't find it!

Jaxjacky Mon 31-May-21 12:46:42

Enough going on for me as I’m only generally on early morning and evenings, when I’m on I check ‘last hour’.

Chestnut Mon 31-May-21 16:15:43

Fanny, it's off and running! About what we're feeding our children (under TV).

welbeck Mon 31-May-21 16:54:51

i just open up the GN forum page and click on active.
sometimes esp in the evening, it's almost full of unmentionables.

grannyrebel7 Mon 31-May-21 18:16:43

I HATE THE GAMES!