Gransnet forums

Site stuff

HQ - the new flying video ads are driving us bonkers!

(82 Posts)

GNHQ have commented on this thread. Read here.

Mamissimo Sat 20-Nov-21 09:58:23

There's a thread about these new flying video ads already but it's a site construction problem. My guess is it was not tested properly. What's the point of ads that block the forums? If your traffic drops because of them your advertising revenue will drop. Can you get them under control please? Seems to be a desktop problem.

Mamissimo Tue 07-Dec-21 19:15:53

They're still driving us nuts HQ......please can you update us on what you're doing to sort it?

eazybee Tue 07-Dec-21 19:09:39

I don't get any noise, but the adverts are dreadful. At the moment there is a man in a cheering football crowd, with half his face covered in grey fungus. Or perhaps he is having a stroke. Then the wretched bottle of cleaner is poured down the sink. No idea what is going on but I am SICK of them.

Oldnproud Tue 07-Dec-21 16:42:53

FFS

I FORGOT TO TAKE MY EARPHONES OUT BEFORE COMING BACK TO THIS ​THIS SITE.

ANOTHER OF THESE B****Y ADVERTS HAS NEARLY DEAFENED ME!

Oldnproud Tue 07-Dec-21 08:39:25

Mine aren't quite as bad now - there are still a lot, but the sound isn't playing on all of them.

Before , every single one was noisy, but at the moment it's only about one in ten.

One of the noisy ones has just come up while I have been typing this - the sound started a few seconds before the video appeared on screen, so I couldn't even close it straight away!

Jaxjacky Tue 07-Dec-21 07:19:59

Anything happening about these please? They’re getting worse, as in more frequent.

Calistemon Mon 29-Nov-21 22:56:29

I keep forgetting and turning up the sound when I want to listen to something else.

Then the popup adverts blare out at full volume - they appear so suddenly and they're so loud they make me jump!

Mamissimo Mon 29-Nov-21 22:32:40

They're whizzing around tonight....?

dustyangel Sat 27-Nov-21 13:00:33

I’ve got a Portuguese ad for mattresses where little girl climbs into bed with mum and dad and now I’ve actually watched it all the way through ends up with the whole family then mother-in-law and eventually the whole street queuing to get in with this poor beleaguered couple because their mattress is so comfortable.

Auntieflo Sat 27-Nov-21 11:26:45

These ads have only been appearing on my Ipad for the last couple of days.
So frustrating, covering the bottom right of screen.
I have the 'Pop Up ads' activated on Safari.
Is there anything to stop them coming thick and fast?

Riverwalk Sat 27-Nov-21 11:08:54

I've just installed AdBlocker and problem resolved - it had reached unacceptable levels, every few seconds!

I've resisted in the past as I know GN gain revenue from adverts but there's a limit to constant irritation.

Calistemon Sat 27-Nov-21 11:03:55

GNHQ
The pop up ads are coming thick and fast today - every couple of seconds

The ads at the top and the pop up ads are covering the message box. I have downloaded an Adblocker. It doesn't happen on other sites, just GRANSNET

Please do something

I shall report my post, it's frustrating and annoying.

Tizliz Fri 26-Nov-21 12:33:30

Just to keep the pressure up. Three quiet days and now back.

Marydoll Tue 23-Nov-21 07:47:57

Calistemon

Of course not Marydoll ?
But didn't you run a house cleaning business?
wink

I did run a house, but not the type that can be mentioned on a public forum. ☺?

Not only am I a scrubber, I am a hairy scrubber, going by the adverts I'm receiving. How dare they insinuate that? I keep my beard very tidy, I will have you know.

Teacheranne Tue 23-Nov-21 01:48:40

Well, after a day of peace, they are back again with increasing frequency! I’ve been into setting to disable pop ups but to no avail.

I know it’s easy to get rid of them each time but still very irritating. I wonder if Mumsnet is being plagued by them as well?

Calistemon Mon 22-Nov-21 23:41:46

They seem to have gone .........

Calistemon Mon 22-Nov-21 23:41:03

Of course not Marydoll ?
But didn't you run a house cleaning business?
wink

Marydoll Mon 22-Nov-21 19:54:22

Are you saying I am a scrubber, Calistemon? grin

He is still here!!!!

Calistemon Mon 22-Nov-21 19:47:20

Marydoll

Mr Blooming Muscle is stalking me, as I type!

Get your Marigolds on, Marydoll and start scrubbing!

Shinamae Mon 22-Nov-21 19:28:38

Marydoll

Right, this is discrimination. I seem to be getting all of yours! I have obviously offended GNHQ!

???

Marydoll Mon 22-Nov-21 19:26:43

Right, this is discrimination. I seem to be getting all of yours! I have obviously offended GNHQ!

Shinamae Mon 22-Nov-21 19:23:28

Don’t want to tempt fate but none so far this evening!!

Oldnproud Mon 22-Nov-21 19:19:34

Mamissimo

Don't tell anyone but mine have gone.....?

You got me excited there - i switched back to the desktop site and no ads ... for about 5 seconds sad

I'm back on mobile site again now, for the sake of my sanity!

Marydoll Mon 22-Nov-21 19:15:55

Mr Blooming Muscle is stalking me, as I type!

Marydoll Mon 22-Nov-21 19:14:19

Mamissimo

Well, that's not fair!!!! Are you one of the favoured ones, Mamissimo? wink

Mamissimo Mon 22-Nov-21 19:01:17