Gransnet forums

Site stuff

Contacting Gransnet

(21 Posts)
Tizliz Sat 19-Feb-22 16:09:48

I reported a user - they sent me a strange PM and commented on an old post. - but I couldn’t put my reason as it doesn’t seem to be working properly. So I have reported a user with no reason. How do I contact admin to tell them the reason - perhaps they will read this and then delete it

grannyactivist Sat 19-Feb-22 16:17:47

If you report the post above then GNHQ will definitely see it.

Judy54 Sat 19-Feb-22 16:50:06

Tizliz the best way is to opt out of PM's. Go into Inbox, click on settings and then click on block all messages. I have done this after receiving unwanted and odd PM's.

Germanshepherdsmum Sat 19-Feb-22 17:03:23

Or you can just block pms from that poster, as I’ve done a couple of times after receiving something weird or unpleasant.

BlueBelle Sat 19-Feb-22 17:12:44

Why block everybody judy then you may miss the best friend you ever will have, ?just block the sender of anything you may not like

Germanshepherdsmum Sat 19-Feb-22 17:14:35

That’s very true! I would really have missed out if I’d blocked everyone.

Judy54 Sat 19-Feb-22 17:49:30

Thanks Bluebelle I did not know you could do that. Can you tell me how to block individual senders rather than everyone. Thank you.

MaizieD Sat 19-Feb-22 17:57:31

If you open their PM you'll find a box that says 'Block sender'. Just click on it.

Galaxy Sat 19-Feb-22 18:00:06

Can people see if you have blocked them? I have just had a look at my inbox because of this post and noticed that I had accidentally blocked someone! No idea how I did it and certainly didnt mean to. I really like them blushgrin

Tizliz Sat 19-Feb-22 18:40:44

They didn't just PM me but commented on an old posting. I tried replying to Gransnet's email thanking me for reporting but that is not working either.

I will report my own post! Thanks

Germanshepherdsmum Sat 19-Feb-22 18:45:53

If the pm is still in your inbox just block further messages from that poster.

BlueBelle Sat 19-Feb-22 18:59:00

Just block the offending pm sender for now then contact GNHQ for whatever the other problem is I m not quite sure what the other concern is but they can sort that

Shinamae Sat 19-Feb-22 19:06:41

Germanshepherdsmum

If the pm is still in your inbox just block further messages from that poster.

Or if it’s nasty screenshot it and post it! Shame the person…

Judy54 Sun 20-Feb-22 16:47:12

Thank you MaizieD that's a very useful tip which I will remember if I receive an unsavoury PM in future.

MayBee70 Mon 30-Jan-23 18:21:34

Is it safe to open the message, though? I’ve just had one of those weird ones and my general rule is to never open anything like that….

keepingquiet Fri 11-Aug-23 13:08:54

I know this is an old post but I didn't want to start a new thread.
Contacting admin here- is very frustrating and I can't find out how to leave the site. Can anyone help please?

eddiecat78 Fri 11-Aug-23 13:17:40

I'm not sure what you mean by " leaving the site".
If you want to log out make sure you are on the desktop site rather than the mobile one and then the logout button is top right
You can select which site by scrolling to the bottom of the page

Foxygloves Fri 11-Aug-23 13:18:34

Go to the bottom of the page, and click “my Gransnet” . I think that is where you will find the option to deregister.
Or alternatively, delete the app and ignore it?

Farmor15 Fri 11-Aug-23 13:21:30

I think it's easiest to just stop posting. Even if you manage to de-register, your old posts will still be there. If you get unwanted PMs I think there's a way of blocking.

keepingquiet Fri 11-Aug-23 13:43:29

Thanks- I meant leaving the site for good but my problem has been resolved now. I haven't had nasty PMs but it's good to know you can block these1

Farmor15 Fri 11-Aug-23 13:53:39

If you don't de-register but just stop posting, you still have the option of engaging with a thread in the future. There's lots of useful stuff here!