Gransnet forums

Site stuff

How do I change my User name?

(30 Posts)
Peasblossom Wed 09-Mar-22 09:30:42

A week or so ago I became aware that there was another poster called Peaseblossom with an ‘e’.

I said I’d change my User name but I can’t work out how.

Contact Gransnet just takes me to a blank page.

Can anybody help?

lemsip Wed 09-Mar-22 09:46:17

email them ..

[email protected]

Peasblossom Wed 09-Mar-22 09:49:33

It doesn’t go anywhere.

Redhead56 Wed 09-Mar-22 09:52:35

I changed my user name a few years ago I emailed contact us. Had to give a reason why I wanted to change it.

FannyCornforth Wed 09-Mar-22 09:58:44

Peasblossom

It doesn’t go anywhere.

What do you mean?
I’ve emailed them loads of times.
Just type the address that lemsip has given.
Failing that, email Mumsnet

Oopsadaisy1 Wed 09-Mar-22 10:10:29

TBH they should make the new poster change her name .

BlueBelle Wed 09-Mar-22 10:22:11

Report your own post and tick other then tell them in the box provided that you need to do this
But talk to the new peaseblossom unless she was here before !you ! something similar happened with me and we had a private chat and the newer person changed hers said she didn’t mind at all

Marmite32 Wed 09-Mar-22 16:42:03

I've been trying to do this lately and sent them an email to which they replied.
But they still have me by the name and email of a previous username so I'm a bit stuck. I replied and told them this but no reply.
I think I might just rejoin as a new member but am scared I might just get cut off altogether as once happened on another forum.

lemsip Wed 09-Mar-22 17:27:48

scroll down to bottom of this page and click on the contact us option ;........ for all other queries....... I used this the other day and had a reply the next day! so it does work!

For all other queries, including running a competition with us, please email [email protected]

Peasblossom Wed 09-Mar-22 17:42:15

Thanks lemsip. I appreciate your help but Contact Gransnet just takes me to a blank page with no facility to type anything and the email address won’t send. The little send arrow just stays pale grey not the blue for active.

I have reported myself though as suggested by Bluebelle. ?

Germanshepherdsmum Wed 09-Mar-22 17:53:35

Why not keep your name? I think a lot of us know the difference because you've mentioned it before.

Fennel Wed 09-Mar-22 18:57:50

Sorry to hijack your thread Peasblossom.
After a bit of messing about they seem to have switched me back to my original user name [confused}.

FannyCornforth Thu 10-Mar-22 04:57:34

Ah, were you Allsorts for a while Fennel?

BlueBelle Thu 10-Mar-22 05:30:12

Keep pursuing it peasblossom it is much too close to be sure who is writing what and who knows the other peasblossom could write something you totally disagree with
To allow a name with just one letter difference to one already in use is completely wrong and should have never happened in the first place
Of course the average person won’t see that one letter difference when they are reading dozens of posts GSM

Allsorts Thu 10-Mar-22 06:16:45

I’ve never been Fennel.?

MawtheMerrier Thu 10-Mar-22 06:31:43

It’s easy enough Peasblossom.
Deregister, (look at the list at the bottom of your screen at My Gransnet) then have a cuppa or do something else and after GN have acknowledged and confirmed your deregistration, rejoin, choosing a new username.

BlueBelle Thu 10-Mar-22 07:15:10

And Maw knows she’s done it once, or twice, or, or, or ….

Fennel Thu 10-Mar-22 17:16:14

I was Marmite32 for a while which I then realised was similar to Marmight and I always missed Fennel.
Before that I had my own first name which was the same as 2 other members.. And at that time there was a big change of names as some of our discussions were being published in the 'broadsheets'.

Callistemon21 Thu 10-Mar-22 17:33:00

Fennel

Sorry to hijack your thread Peasblossom.
After a bit of messing about they seem to have switched me back to my original user name [confused}.

Did you ask them, Fennel

They never take any notice of me ?
Next time I'll come back as InvisibleWoman

Elizabeth27 Thu 10-Mar-22 18:08:06

There are many Elizabeths which is why I am 27.

Peasblossom Thu 10-Mar-22 18:19:03

Well, I’m not having much joy.

I reported myself and HQ got sent an email to say contact them with a new name and they will change it.

Unfortunately it isn’t possible to reply directly to the email and they haven’t grasped the bit where I said Contact Gransnet is just a blank page and the Gransnet email address won’t send.

So I’m going to report this post. Otherwise I’ll try deregistering like Maw suggests. But won’t it say it’s the same email address when I try to rejoin?

KimGransnet (GNHQ) Thu 10-Mar-22 18:29:53

Hi there, Peasblossom. Sorry that you are having problems communicating with us by email. You should be able to reply to the email we sent you previously - we'll try another, just in case that one works for you.

If that still doesn't work then perhaps you can let us know on this thread what you would like us to change your new username to. We don't usually encourage name changes on Gransnet, but we agree that if there is someone else with a similar username to you it could get confusing, so we're happy to change your username for that reason.

MawtheMerrier Thu 10-Mar-22 22:37:33

BlueBelle

And Maw knows she’s done it once, or twice, or, or, or ….

Indeed I have BlueBelle when I have become so disillusioned with “Groansnet” , depressed at those whingeing about the younger generation, especially daughters or daughter in law or the political bickering or the frankly depressing threads about intolerance or self righteousness and how potty training/nappies/childcare etc is going down the pan!
Instead of just switching off, I have left, deregistered and gone away.
Only there were always posters I missed so I rejoined, but of course you can’t have your old username back again so I have gone for variations which made it clear who I was (MawBroon, MawBroonsback, , MayBeMaw and now MawtheMerrier) with no intention to mislead.
I hope nobody takes exception to this. Other members have added a number to their name and yet others gone for something completely different.
Each to their own.

FannyCornforth Fri 11-Mar-22 07:41:48

And MawBe!

I have noticed today that there is a poster with the same name as another very regular poster (think chocolate) but with two digits at the end.
It doesn’t seem right somehow

FannyCornforth Fri 11-Mar-22 07:42:56

Thanks Fennel, I was trying to remember who you ‘used to be’