Gransnet forums

Site stuff

Probate anyone applied themselves?

(58 Posts)
utterbliss Thu 21-Apr-22 13:15:06

Has anyone applied for Probate without legal help? I am the executor and the only person to benefit from the will. What do I need to do to apply online? I would be grateful for people's advice in applying in 2022.

utterbliss Sat 23-Apr-22 11:32:57

GSM, I wish you were my local solicitor . You must have been very popular in your practice.

I really cannot thank you enough, you have been a lifesaver or at least I will not be having so many sleepless nights with the worry of it all.

Shandy57, Thank you for the links.

What a great bunch of supportive women you all are on Gransnet.

Germanshepherdsmum Sat 23-Apr-22 12:21:15

I'm so glad to be able to give you some support. I did corporate work in a big London firm so you wouldn't have come across me but I do know a thing or two about the things my partners did! I have always tried to do my best to help people even if it's just to steer them in the right direction.

If you instruct a solicitor then the worry will go away. They're paid to take burdens off people's shoulders and they don't have the emotional involvement which makes things so much more difficult for you. All you have to do is breathe a sigh of relief and hopefully get some cash at the end of it all!!! Whilst I can't give legal advice now I'm retired (they'd shoot me), I can give some informal friendly help and support and am always around, feel free to PM me any time if you like if there are things you'd rather keep private.

Good luck!!! You're never alone with GN!

utterbliss Sat 23-Apr-22 12:58:50

GSM. What an interesting life you have led. That is a very kind offer to PM you. How do I do that?

I taught myself to use a laptop. But I am still learning my way around the internet.

Germanshepherdsmum Sat 23-Apr-22 13:17:12

There will be three little red dots at the bottom right hand corner of a post from someone. If you click on the dots several options will come up including PM. Click on PM and you can send a private message to that poster.
You’re doing very well teaching yourself on the computer. I’m not at all clever with technology.

Shandy57 Sat 23-Apr-22 18:11:48

Hello and sorry to interrupt, is that how you private message on a phone Germandshepherdsmum? I've always used my laptop.

Germanshepherdsmum Sat 23-Apr-22 18:36:14

Yes Shandy. Since my iPad died I use my phone or laptop. Works on both.?

Shandy57 Sat 23-Apr-22 20:20:12

Thanks Germanshepherdsmum, I only have an old Iphone SE and don't go on line on it very often. Good to know!