Gransnet forums

Site stuff

Is this kind of message permitted on Gransnet?

(28 Posts)
grandtanteJE65 Sat 17-Dec-22 13:06:07

Today I have received the following as a private message on Gransnet. To me it is very obviously a scam or at the very least advertising. I very much doubt that it is in accordance with this forum's rules. I hope the site moderators have some way of dealing with this kind of thing, but I am posting the message in full here, so others are made aware of what looks like a typical scam to me.

BEWARE ! The following was received by me as a private message over Gransnet todag. Sat. 17. Dec. 2022

Fri 16-Dec-22 22:27:58
We are suppliers of Gold Dory Bars/ Gold Dust and we mine our Au Gold and few natural materials from our family mine. We supply top quality Au Gold to any interested Buyer. Our procedures are simple and we work close with our buyer to create long term business relationship. Also very important my late customer deposited huge amount of money here $14.5million possible you can help me claim this money to your country I will sincerely approve to you 30% acceptable?

Best Regards
Rev.Chris
Marketing Manager

[email protected] or [email protected].

crazyH Sun 15-Jan-23 15:54:25

Oh so sorry - I honestly didn’t notice the date 😂

Grantanow Sun 15-Jan-23 15:48:43

Scam

Grannybags Sun 15-Jan-23 15:17:28

I had one from Ricky this morning wanting to give me a big hug…😂

BlueBelle Sun 15-Jan-23 14:52:55

No Rev Chris isn’t interested in me 😢I m feeling very unwanted

lemsip Sun 15-Jan-23 14:49:40

CrazyH

why revive a month old thread such as this one.

Doodledog Sun 15-Jan-23 14:43:55

GN don't 'permit' it - it is just a bot.

I've had Rev Chris ones before, but just delete them. Ronnie doesn't want to be my friend 😢

Witzend Sun 15-Jan-23 14:43:40

I didn’t get it.
Nowadays I don’t even get those spam emails kindly offering wondrous methods of enlarging my penis. Should I be taking offence at being shunned?

crazyH Sun 15-Jan-23 14:35:31

Nothing from Rev Chris very

Yammy Sat 17-Dec-22 18:17:46

Maybe it was Ronnie who phoned me he seems to get around. The Rev Chris probably knew about my blaspheming and that's why he never made me an offer I couldn't refuse.grin

Blossoming Sat 17-Dec-22 18:03:30

Ronnie wanted to be my friend on Facebook Millie22

I know how to deal with those grin

Yammy Sat 17-Dec-22 18:03:06

Millie22

I think Ronnie might have been after my money. I haven't got that much so he's wasting his time.

If he wanted anything else he's also wasting his time.

The chap who phoned me was wasting his time as well he certainly wasn't after money I think he might have paid me. DD said I should have reported it to the police.

Zoejory Sat 17-Dec-22 17:57:24

Rev Chris clearly isn't interested in me. Almost disappointing.

Millie22 Sat 17-Dec-22 17:54:36

I think Ronnie might have been after my money. I haven't got that much so he's wasting his time.

If he wanted anything else he's also wasting his time.

Yammy Sat 17-Dec-22 17:48:30

Millie22

Nope. Nothing from Rev Chris for me.

I have heard from Ronnie though who wants to be my friend 🤔

I hope Ronnie is not like the friend I once got on the phone in the middle of the night when DH was away.
He must have thought I was a man when he told me what he wanted to do to me, my name can be a mans. I was too shocked to be frightened and told him to Bugg....of, really what he wanted to do so I shouted and Run to hell at the same time.
When DH came back and I told him he laughed till he cried.No sympathy in this house.smile

Millie22 Sat 17-Dec-22 17:25:40

Nope. Nothing from Rev Chris for me.

I have heard from Ronnie though who wants to be my friend 🤔

Oopsadaisy1 Sat 17-Dec-22 17:14:04

I got it, he sounds a very nice person and I’m sure we can negotiate the 30% to at least 50%. I’ve also asked for a sample of the gold for testing purposes.

He hasn’t replied yet.

Grannybags Sat 17-Dec-22 16:12:44

HousePlantQueen

well, I am feeling ignored and left out, I didn't get it! Am I not good enough to be scammed? Harrumph

Me too! I never get any of these PMs that do the rounds

AGAA4 Sat 17-Dec-22 15:45:02

I found it in my inbox this morning. Deleted.

HousePlantQueen Sat 17-Dec-22 15:37:08

well, I am feeling ignored and left out, I didn't get it! Am I not good enough to be scammed? Harrumph

Charleygirl5 Sat 17-Dec-22 14:40:21

Thankfully it did not reach me and C is near the top.

Hetty58 Sat 17-Dec-22 13:50:14

grandtanteJE65, I think we all got it - and reported, deleted, and blocked accordingly. Anyone can sign up on GN, including spammers, so 'permitted' doesn't come into it. GN will delete their account - but they can create a new one.

Yammy Sat 17-Dec-22 13:45:10

I've been left out as well, though I am on someone black list maybe he knows.sad

MandL Sat 17-Dec-22 13:39:27

Oreo

We all got this one,😂
RevChris.
Didn’t even open it to read it.

I didn’t get it! I feel left out now! grin

Oreo Sat 17-Dec-22 13:34:12

We all got this one,😂
RevChris.
Didn’t even open it to read it.

MerylStreep Sat 17-Dec-22 13:09:46

I’d reply that, no, 30% isn’t good enough. Let’s start negotiations at 50% 😄